Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not.

Look at the way United have operated in this transfer window, it's totally different to how Ferguson went about things and is exactly like how Moyes operated at Everton. Tight arse bids, taking forever to make his mind up and pissing off other parties when he does go after a player.

Spot on. Can't belive their are still some blues defending Moyes over this, he has set his targets and told the club how much he thinks they are worth, and then left it until the season starts.

Head in the sand stuff from some. Moyes is a ********.

I doubt you even remember Terahawks

Striking likeness.

48FB13E03291DA2F7F55E1C4D8D62_h498_w598_m2.jpg

I suppose he's going to ask for a lump of it in used tenners, to be handed over in a couple of suitcases at Birch services......

Probably.

Or more likely undlsclosed amount for these two, undisclosed amount spent on McCarthy and then that's it. Business closed for another season.

Undisclosed shall be the price they'll pay.

I agree it will be undisclosed, as most transfers seem to be these days. It will be closer to the 40m mark though. Martinez will have his replacements lined up ready to come in if the worse case scenario happens.

I think Oviedo could grow into a very good fullback in time. He reminds me a lot of Baines when first arrived. Good attacking but a little lightweight in the defensive areas. Get him working on that and we are sorted with the youngsters coming through as well. That leaves say 30m hopefully with another 6-10m going to the bank etc to get a quality midfielder and another decent option in the attacking third with a couple of loans to pad out the midfield area.

I would rather they both stay but I do not believe its the end of the world if they go either.

Which big money Everton departures have been 'undisclosed' lad?

Well didn't we quote 30m and actually receive closer to 20m for Rooney?

IMO it'll be undisclosed because we will sell but won't get a price Kenwright believes the supporters will accept.

Lad.

Well didn't we quote 30m and actually receive closer to 20m for Rooney?

IMO it'll be undisclosed because we will sell but won't get a price Kenwright believes the supporters will accept.

Lad.

We got £27m total & it was ****ing everywhere.

Kenwright won't sell unless it's a price that exceeds their market value, IF they go, the agreed price will be all over the media

I can't believe I defended that ginger prick during his Everton reign. I was actually disappointed when he left us. Now i'd love to kick him in his candy floss covered coin purse, the tit.

It definitely leaves a sour taste.....not because he wants the players, I'd expect him to, but the way he's gone about trying to secure them is a total disgrace, given his previous high moral standpoint in this regard. He's gone down a lot in my estimations, it's no way to treat the club weeks after leaving. I just hope Kenwright is as angry as us lot.

If a realistic offer for Fellaini comes in (£22m+) I'd take it. Is he worth £5m more than Paulinho? Probably not, but he's not worth £8m less than Fernandinho either. We've developed him over the last 5 years and he still has his prime ahead of him. If we don't make a healthy profit on the £15m we paid for him then he was massively over-valued in the first place.

His potential replacement (McCarthy) is reportedly rated at £15m, so we wouldn't be gaining anything by selling to United at that price. I don't think he's ideally suited for Martinez's way of playing and I don't think we can afford to have a defensive midfielder as our biggest asset. We could really do with reinvesting those funds in a forward.

As for Baines, I suppose we have to be looking at the £18m paid by Liverpool for Johnson. I wouldn't want to see him go but we couldn't begrudge him CL league football and the chance of a few medals. Coleman has appeared to outshine him recently and Oviedo is a natural replacement, so it wouldn't be the end of the world.

£40m the pair could be about right for both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back