Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's all this about 'The Equaliser'?

I've seen the name mentioned a few times in this thread and then someone with that name posts????

Moyes is really starting to piss me off. We really were a stepping stone to him and now he is trying to **** on us.

TBH even 40 million would only be an average deal for us.

Look if they go they go end of.It will be at our price and on our terms ,end of.We have a new manager now ,and like PURPLE NOSE
said at United's last home game "iT'S TIME TO GET BEHIND YOUR NEW MANAGER " They were Gingernuts players............ not RM'S .This is a different era ........ and change can be good (not getting short changed ) New leadership,new coaching staff...........BARKLEY not being on loan to Sheff Wed is a bonus . It's now time to get behind our man RM.Let him live by the sword or die by the football sword IMO.We however under new leadership,and by the comments today from the club.......................... WILL NOT LIE DOWN AND BE WALKED OVER.Under Moyes that is what happened.RM,seems to have a backbone .x Rant over and puts helmet on for incoming barrage . x

Tinsel tackle can't afford to be seen to miss out on another transfer target. Especially from his ex-club. He simply HAS to get his man. Everton need to retain Baines to save face.

Improved offer for Fellaini coming up, Baines interest dropped.

Wouldn't want Martinez to face life without retaining at least one of those two. Replacing one player in the short term is difficult enough, especially when the selling clubs know both your need and how much money you have to fill it. Replacing two like Fellaini and Baines may be a bridge too far--unless Everton have prepared for this event and have the replacements waiting in the wings.

But it isn't enough to have things set up in advance. You've got to bring in quality to replace key players like these. Are we going to be able to do that? The players we're potentially losing have the ability to transform a match or take control of it. They are dynamic forces that make those around them better. Hard to find players like that for a club with limited resources and even more difficult to replace them once you've sold them on.

As for the bid, it is typical ManUre strategy: low-ball the owners and hope the player puts pressure on the club to sell at a value well-below what the player is worth. Hasn't taken long for Moyes to learn from the master of the practice.

Late to the party, but I ****ing love our club's response to this appalling bid.
That's the kind of attitude a big club should have in response to a disgusting offer.

I used to be of the mind that losing Fellaini wouldn't be all too bad, especially for 30 million. but, the more I think about it, selling just sends the wrong message, and trying to replace someone like him is an imperfect science, with a chance of wasting the money on someone poor. Fellaini is a known quantity who can control the midfield in a way that most can't. There's always the chance the money is spent perfectly, but it's still a risk, nonetheless.

This whole £28m bid is beyond insulting and makes Moyes out as the horrible no-mark that he is.

When did Fellaini sign his last contract? One or two seasons ago? Moyes would have been key to setting and agreeing the buy-out figure of £23/24m. What's more its generally accepted Felli had his best year last season and irrespective of that the transfer market seems to have inflated this year in any case.

So for Fellaini anything below £28m on his own is taking the p***

As for Baines Would love to dig up some of those quotes from Moyes describing Baines last season. He was calling him world class and making clear he should have been England's number one left back.

But just how low a **** is Moyes for acting like this with us after his 11 years here? He's At the self-proclaimed biggest/richest club in the world. A few million here or there doesn't matter to United.

Yet clearly he is so lacking in knowledge of the wider footy world he can take advantage of his own gutter morals to come back and insult is like this.

I would happily see Moyes catch leprosy now have to walk around town with Steve Round and Neville ringing little bells to warn folk away from him.

Please now we can be sure he won't get a good welcome when he comes back to Goodison this season. Can we?

If Bill felt raped when three strangers released details of a private chat, imagine how he feels now after his blue-eyed boy/human shield for the last 11 years tries to pull his pants down in front of the worlds media, silver linings eh!!

Personally I'm badly disappointed in Moyes as I thought he had more integrity than this but obviously not. We should get Martinez to release a direct statement quoting Moyes "Everton don't sell cheap, now [Poor language removed] Off!"

This whole £28m bid is beyond insulting and makes Moyes out as the horrible no-mark that he is.

When did Fellaini sign his last contract? One or two seasons ago? Moyes would have been key to setting and agreeing the buy-out figure of £23/24m. What's more its generally accepted Felli had his best year last season and irrespective of that the transfer market seems to have inflated this year in any case.

So for Fellaini anything below £28m on his own is taking the p***

As for Baines Would love to dig up some of those quotes from Moyes describing Baines last season. He was calling him world class and making clear he should have been England's number one left back.

But just how low a **** is Moyes for acting like this with us after his 11 years here? He's At the self-proclaimed biggest/richest club in the world. A few million here or there doesn't matter to United.

Yet clearly he is so lacking in knowledge of the wider footy world he can take advantage of his own gutter morals to come back and insult is like this.

I would happily see Moyes catch leprosy now have to walk around town with Steve Round and Neville ringing little bells to warn folk away from him.

Please now we can be sure he won't get a good welcome when he comes back to Goodison this season. Can we?

Why are you so sure that moyes himself has decided on the price to offer and it is him personally that is in charge of all this???
I'm really curious how this is the only conclusion?

Seems to me the perfect situation for the dislikers of moyes to turn him from hulk hogan into Hollywood hogan!

Last edited:
Neither Fellaini nor Baines is irreplaceable - though Baines almost is. If the right offer comes in we will sell, this does not make us more of a selling club than any other in the world. Every player has a price and ever club will sell at the right price, the only exceptions are Barca, Real, Bayern and the newly rich City, PSG, Monaco and a few Russian oligark pet clubs.

Imagine what RM could do with £40 m.?

Fellaini is a unique player, but is not consistent enough and really only sets himself up against the big clubs. Someone like McCarthy will become a more all-round box-to-box midfielder than Fellaini and will be better at shielding the defence, thus allowing both Barkley and Gibson to burst forward more frequently. Remember Gibson used to score goals before he came here.

Baines is Everton through and through. He is easily the best lb in the league and in the top 3 in the world. He is very consistent and has been the focal point of our attack for the past 3 seasons. Only last season did Coleman give enough width to actually make our right side a point of attack as well. He will be very difficult to replace, but perhaps now at his peak it is the right time to sell. I believe that Oviedo can replace him and he has exactly what we need - skill, more pace than Baines, attacking threat and will become better the more he plays.

Both players will probarbly end up leaving, Fellaini more likely than Baines. It is now up to BK and RM to make sure that we get as much money as we can, but also leave us enough time to get replacements in. And for those fortunate enough to come to Goodison to get behind RM and believe in his project. £40 m. will give us some serious money to strengthen with - Toby A. from Ajax would instantly improve our defence, Marrone more options in midfield and Barry a cool head who has seen it all and still has a great passing range despite being slower than a turtle. And who knows who RM could bring in with his contacts in Spain.

These are definately exiting times for Everton. I'm all for change and the constant development of the club, and the sale of the Fellaini and Baines might be the next step. To be honest I would be more sad to see Barkley, Mirallas or Coleman leave the club.

Why are you so sure that moyes himself has decided on the price to offer and it is him personally that is in charge of all this???

Seems to me the perfect situation for the dislikers of moyes to turn him from hulk hogan into Hollywood hogan!

Moyes being the manager would be well aware of what was being offered. Also being the Ex Everton manager, Man U would be slightly naive to not use his knowledge of the players and old club when forming a bid.

It will not all be on Moyes head but he would have had a big say in the transfer bid etc. he knows its low and is unsettling the players so when they come in with their next bid which will still be lower than market value, it cranks the pressure back on Everton.

Jesus Christ - you really believe Moyes - total control Moyes - would let the club make a bid for players that he has more knowledge and information about than possibly any other in the world?

Like others have posted serious sources like the Guardian and the BBC have reported that Moyes has sanctioned the bid. Moyes is Man Utd now and has totally burned all bridges that lead back to our club. This IMO is just further proof that Moyes does not give a **** about Everton as he showed by running his contract down and robbing the club of any compension that we rightly should have received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back