Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither Fellaini nor Baines is irreplaceable - though Baines almost is. If the right offer comes in we will sell, this does not make us more of a selling club than any other in the world. Every player has a price and ever club will sell at the right price, the only exceptions are Barca, Real, Bayern and the newly rich City, PSG, Monaco and a few Russian oligark pet clubs.

Imagine what RM could do with £40 m.?

Fellaini is a unique player, but is not consistent enough and really only sets himself up against the big clubs. Someone like McCarthy will become a more all-round box-to-box midfielder than Fellaini and will be better at shielding the defence, thus allowing both Barkley and Gibson to burst forward more frequently. Remember Gibson used to score goals before he came here.

Baines is Everton through and through. He is easily the best lb in the league and in the top 3 in the world. He is very consistent and has been the focal point of our attack for the past 3 seasons. Only last season did Coleman give enough width to actually make our right side a point of attack as well. He will be very difficult to replace, but perhaps now at his peak it is the right time to sell. I believe that Oviedo can replace him and he has exactly what we need - skill, more pace than Baines, attacking threat and will become better the more he plays.

Both players will probarbly end up leaving, Fellaini more likely than Baines. It is now up to BK and RM to make sure that we get as much money as we can, but also leave us enough time to get replacements in. And for those fortunate enough to come to Goodison to get behind RM and believe in his project. £40 m. will give us some serious money to strengthen with - Toby A. from Ajax would instantly improve our defence, Marrone more options in midfield and Barry a cool head who has seen it all and still has a great passing range despite being slower than a turtle. And who knows who RM could bring in with his contacts in Spain.

These are definately exiting times for Everton. I'm all for change and the constant development of the club, and the sale of the Fellaini and Baines might be the next step. To be honest I would be more sad to see Barkley, Mirallas or Coleman leave the club.

Agree with some of your points, I do understand we should sell when the price is high enough, Moyes could have made a fortune on Cahill and Mikel A if he sold earlier on. But sometimes you just want to keep a player and this include Baines but if we get a silly offer then yes he gone but after a good night sleep, i'm not sure Man u will pay the correct rate for Baines.

Why are you so sure that moyes himself has decided on the price to offer and it is him personally that is in charge of all this???
I'm really curious how this is the only conclusion?

Seems to me the perfect situation for the dislikers of moyes to turn him from hulk hogan into Hollywood hogan!

Whilst I probably more than most enjoy your wrestling reference, do you really think that Moyes did not have a major say in that bid?

I've got a felling that this whole thing has been cooked up by Kenwrong so we don't spend anything yet again! I can't see Moyes being stupid enough to make such a daft bid unless it was for a good reason. Its funny how kenwrong has come out of this smelling of roses and yet the useless tit has spent hardly anything! If we had spent some serious cash (or even competed on a level with southampton ffs) then we'd be serious conterders for the top four, but no! It would be much better for bill to have us fighting to keep our two best players and then have the transfer window discribed a "successful", what a joke! As for Moyes the guy has always been a horrid two-faced snide and now he's proving it. He'll destroy Utd in the long run and ill enjoy every second of watching him crash and burn!

Last edited:

I've got a felling that this whole thing has been cooked up by Kenwrong so we don't spend anything yet again! I can't see Moyes being stupid enough to make such a daft bid unless it was for a good reason. Its funny how kenwrong has come out of this smelling of roses and yet the useless tit has spent hardly anything! If we had spent some serious cash (or even competed on a level with southampton ffs) then we'd be serious conterders for the top four but no! It would be much better for bill to have us fighting to keep our two best players and then have the transfer window discribed a "successful", what a joke! As for Moyes the guy has always been a horrid two-faced snide and now he's proving it. He'll destroy Utd in the long run and ill enjoy every second of watching him crash and burn!

It's not though is it?

And we've already spent money. I think Goat has already said this is out first actual net spend since like 2008 or something.

I've got a felling that this whole thing has been cooked up by Kenwrong so we don't spend anything yet again! I can't see Moyes being stupid enough to make such a daft bid unless it was for a good reason. Its funny how kenwrong has come out of this smelling of roses and yet the useless tit has spent hardly anything! If we had spent some serious cash (or even competed on a level with southampton ffs) then we'd be serious conterders for the top four but no! It would be much better for bill to have us fighting to keep our two best players and then have the transfer window discribed a "successful", what a joke! As for Moyes the guy has always been a horrid two-faced snide and now he's proving it. He'll destroy Utd in the long run and ill enjoy every second of watching him crash and burn!

By "competing with Southampton" do you mean spend as much money as them, or simply buy players who inplrove our squad by a similar amount? If we had of spent absolute zero, we would still have a better team than Southampton. You need to seperate money spent and players bought, cause ny your logic, Henderson is currently better than Fellaini, andAndy CArrol is better than 95% of the footballing population

The concern is that he will waste it on crap players, undoing the 10 years of progress we had under Moyes.

I know, just imagine he had as much footballing savvy as all the lids on here who play fifa and could buy the best 3 future players in the world for less than £20M

Ijjysmith, we've spent the equivalent of a newly promoted side. Hardly the end of the rainbow stuff is it! I agree that its obviously unlikely about Kenwrong as he wouldn't have the brain work out such a plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back