Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he will go for around the 22-23m mark, I also think he will be the one to push for a move to Utd, I just dont see Baines doing that

Agree with this! The only way Baines will leave is if he puts in a transfer request and I really don't think he'll do that!

It's a legitimate concern, he wouldn't be the first manager to waste a feck load of cash and have their club regress at least five years, the RS are probably the best example of that. And although people don't like hearing it, so far, Martinez has spent every penny he has been given on average Wigan players.

Ijjysmith, we've spent the equivalent of a newly promoted side. Hardly the end of the rainbow stuff is it! I agree that its obviously unlikely about Kenwrong as he wouldn't have the brain work out such a plan.

I'm not saying it's good mate, but it is more than we usually spend and which is usually comparable to a Conference side.

Just can't see the point in being negative ALL the time.

It's a legitimate concern, he wouldn't be the first manager to waste a feck load of cash and have their club regress at least five years, the RS are probably the best example of that. And although people don't like hearing it, so far, Martinez has spent every penny he has been given on average Wigan players.
Martinez seen the problem right away which Moyes chose to ignore, we didn't have a squad so he bulks it up with a few players he knows that will fit into the team, plus a barca kid on loan who might just be very special.

I'm sick of talking about Moyes, I wish he would stay away from our players so we don't have to keep talking about him. He just wants attention. He probably lurks on GOT.

Ijjysmith, fair enough mate. I just hate this time of year as its always the same old let down in the transfer window and I've got tired of being disappointed year after year. Ill be happier when the window has shut and we just have to get on with what we've got.

I have full confidence that he would do good business with that kind of money. And has done good already.

Martinez seen the problem right away which Moyes chose to ignore, we didn't have a squad so he bulks it up with a few players he knows that will fit into the team, plus a barca kid on loan who might just be very special.

You can dress it up all you want mate, the players brought in have been average, and I believe their impact on our performance will be negligible.

Moyes had a back up keeper, but he left. He also had a back up CD in Heitinga, who we still have, and may well be far superior to Alcaraz. And we will have to see about Kone, but I don't think he is some super striker that is going to make a massive difference to our attack.

You can dress it up all you want mate, the players brought in have been average, and I believe their impact on our performance will be negligible.

Moyes had a back up keeper, but he left. He also had a back up CD in Heitinga, who we still have, and may well be far superior to Alcaraz. And we will have to see about Kone, but I don't think he is some super striker that is going to make a massive difference to our attack.

we now have Barkley and stones plus the barca kid, we have a lot more options mate, even distin came out and said the team now feels like a proper squad. We needed to bulk up.

we now have Barkley and stones plus the barca kid, we have a lot more options mate, even distin came out and said the team now feels like a proper squad. We needed to bulk up.

I'm not convinced that this bulking up will result in a greater performance in the league. And we face the prospect of losing our two best players.

My main point is that spending 40million pound in a bad manner can do a lot of damage, and that it is a real concern for Everton if we end up selling Fellaini and Baines.

Yes, you can say all that but at the end of the day our first XI hasn't been improved whatsoever. Naismith played half an hour in our first game, and Leon Osman looks like he's the first name on the teamsheet.

Until we improve the team the best we'll do is 7th, imo. Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back