Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and if Baines and specially Fellaini will become unhappy, let them sit on the bench and lose their starting place in the World Cup

In other words, if we don't want to sell, we won't sell, the players can not afford to become unhappy due to the world cup, on the contrary, both will give 200% in order to make sure they will be playing in the World Cup.

The article in the Daily mail calling Moyes the hypocrite was good and Everton have released tthe letter sent to MU which makes it clear to them what Everton think.

The ideal would be Moyes taking them for huge money and they fail with Roberto going from strength to strength making us stronger, better and bringing some long overdue success with the money.

Utd forums are not impressed at all by Baines for Evra asking "WHY? FFS" and Fellaini is seen as a totem for the long ball game (they quote "our" style under Moyes as evidence).

In a stroke the whole Moyes myth would be exposed - hung by his own petard - the complete rear hole.

I badly want us to keep the pair of them now. I wasn't too bothered about Fellaini leaving if he wanted to, but now I desperately don't want him to go to United.

I want us to royally shaft Moyes.
Sadly this will be Kenwright's goal now for the transfer window: to go from having us satisfied only with expensive new signings, to being simply happy to have fended off interest for our best players.

He doesn't need to put his hand in his pocket, can make the Sky money disappear and then disappear himself as soon as the transfer window closes.

Arouna ****ing Kone and Antolin Alcaraz, ffs, what have we become?

Sad sad sad sad times to be a Everton fan.. it's getting worse.

This is how a man u fan is looking at it
The logic behind our bid is simple:

1. We have now officially stated to all concerned that we are 'in' to buy these 2 players.
2. Because its likely both players would want to join us and so have already 'had their heads turned', it puts us in a stronger negotiating position.
3. We have let Everton know the ballpark our bid will be and that whilst we will pay a slight premium, we wont be mugged.
4. We know Everton need at least one outbound player per year to balance their books, so in a game of brinksmanship, we hold the stronger negotiating position.

I think Everton would have dismissed any first bid, so the lower the better. Thats how it works. Net net: why pay more when we can pay less?​

its still an improvement to the squad in depth, none of the new boys made the first 11 but instead of having the likes of Hitzelsperger, Gueye, Neville/Hibbert, Anichebe to select from they've been bumped down the pecking order (hopefully) by Kone, Alcaraz and Deulofeu, plus with the emergence of Barkley, Stones and Oviedo its already looking like a far stronger team than last year, hopefully Osman's contractual perk to be included in the starting line up irrespective of his form will be revoked quick smart too......................Martinez is moving in the right direction and he is only there a couple of months, what do people actually expect overnight!!!

Post of the day!

Here's my take on the situation.

The Man Utd hierarchy know that Moyes wants Fellaini and Baines. They respect that that. However, the Man Utd hierarchy do themselves not rate Baines/Fellaini very highly, and in fact would not be bidding for either of them if it wasn't for their respect for the managers wishes. Hence the lowball offer. Where it will end up is anyones guess, but no way should Everton accept less than 40m total or the release clause fee if its for Fellaini alone.

This is how a man u fan is looking at it
The logic behind our bid is simple:

1. We have now officially stated to all concerned that we are 'in' to buy these 2 players.
2. Because its likely both players would want to join us and so have already 'had their heads turned', it puts us in a stronger negotiating position.
3. We have let Everton know the ballpark our bid will be and that whilst we will pay a slight premium, we wont be mugged.
4. We know Everton need at least one outbound player per year to balance their books, so in a game of brinksmanship, we hold the stronger negotiating position.

I think Everton would have dismissed any first bid, so the lower the better. Thats how it works. Net net: why pay more when we can pay less?​

Where his whole point actually falls flat on its arse, is that we don't actually need to sell.

I was sure that I had read 15% of the full fee.

Probably posted by someone who's source was Football Manager mate.

It's never the full fee, as otherwise if you paid £10m & the sell on clause was 20% & then sold for £10m, you'd be paying the original club another £2m for nothing as you'd made nothing on the sale.

Probably posted by someone who's source was Football Manager mate.

It's never the full fee, as otherwise if you paid £10m & the sell on clause was 20% & then sold for £10m, you'd be paying the original club another £2m for nothing as you'd made nothing on the sale.

Southampton had a sell on clause for Bale where they'd receive 25% of any sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back