Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sick of talking about Moyes, I wish he would stay away from our players so we don't have to keep talking about him. He just wants attention. He probably lurks on GOT.
This all day long. Unfortunately he still has too many blind disciples who think that it's still Moyes FC and not Everton FC

You can dress it up all you want mate, the players brought in have been average, and I believe their impact on our performance will be negligible.

Moyes had a back up keeper, but he left. He also had a back up CD in Heitinga, who we still have, and may well be far superior to Alcaraz. And we will have to see about Kone, but I don't think he is some super striker that is going to make a massive difference to our attack.

its still an improvement to the squad in depth, none of the new boys made the first 11 but instead of having the likes of Hitzelsperger, Gueye, Neville/Hibbert, Anichebe to select from they've been bumped down the pecking order (hopefully) by Kone, Alcaraz and Deulofeu, plus with the emergence of Barkley, Stones and Oviedo its already looking like a far stronger team than last year, hopefully Osman's contractual perk to be included in the starting line up irrespective of his form will be revoked quick smart too......................Martinez is moving in the right direction and he is only there a couple of months, what do people actually expect overnight!!!

its still an improvement to the squad in depth, none of the new boys made the first 11 but instead of having the likes of Hitzelsperger, Gueye, Neville/Hibbert, Anichebe to select from they've been bumped down the pecking order (hopefully) by Kone, Alcaraz and Deulofeu, plus with the emergence of Barkley, Stones and Oviedo its already looking like a far stronger team than last year, hopefully Osman's contractual perk to be included in the starting line up irrespective of his form will be revoked quick smart too......................Martinez is moving in the right direction and he is only there a couple of months, what do people actually expect overnight!!!

this 100%

Expect the next one will be about £35M...were probably looking for about £40M so somewhere in between is probably gonna be the reality.

Saying that though i dont think they will pay £18M for Baines tbh so may just persue Fellaini.

Just hope whatever happens its done with at least a week before deadline day, its already a bit close for comfort but anything other than the old 'they left it so late we didnt have time to get replacements in' then the moneys gone by Jan never to be seen again

Yes, you can say all that but at the end of the day our first XI hasn't been improved whatsoever. Naismith played half an hour in our first game, and Leon Osman looks like he's the first name on the teamsheet.

Until we improve the team the best we'll do is 7th, imo. Shame.

our first XI HAS been improved this year (potentially on a huge scale) by Barkley, all players to select from next week do you still think Osman will start? I dont!!...........Naismith probably deserved to be given that run out given his preseason form but I'd fully expect Deulofeu to be making inroads sooner rather than later

I badly want us to keep the pair of them now. I wasn't too bothered about Fellaini leaving if he wanted to, but now I desperately don't want him to go to United.

I want us to royally shaft Moyes.

I just want an end to this saga now.

Fellaini was always going to leave at some point, so now seems the time for him to go at the right price. If that is any less than 20m as one article suggests this morning, then Everton will have had their pants pulled down by United.

Baines is a minimum 16m and a maximum 20m IMO, but I still think, as do others that he will stay. Can't see United paying that for him if they have only bid 12m twice!

Give Martinez the funds to replace them immediately and let's all move on.

Edit: Also it is stated this morning that Arsenal may look to enter the bidding for Fellaini. Under no circumstances should we be selling to a club who we have a chance of finishing above this season. Arsenal are in dissaray and we should not even consider strengthening their starting XI.

Last edited:

We should keep Man United waiting and give them indications that we will accept their offer, keep negotiating with them and then at the end pull out of the deal with no time for Moyes to look at replacement.

That will be sweet revenge

Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back