Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second guessing here but I think an astute manager would see north of 25m as good business for Fellaini who's a fine footballer but worrying turning into a one in three player. Not that he has stinkers but only plays to his potential occasionally.

Perhaps it's the system and Martinez could get the best out of him but I also believe Martinez has an eye on McCarthy so if Fellaini freed up money for him and another good player then it could be construed as decent business for us.

Again, all guesswork.

James McCarthy not fit to lace Fellainis boots mate - he is a workhorse who scores very few goals!

£35 million for the pair now being the rumoured next offer from unt - still not enough that makes it 25 million for Felli and 10 million for Baines - DM you went away please stay away!

How often do you think McCarthy has been played as a forward mate

Paperboy.gif

£35 million for the pair now being the rumoured next offer from unt - still not enough that makes it 25 million for Felli and 10 million for Baines - DM you went away please stay away!

I think its more 20m for Fellaini and 15m for Baines as they have already had a bid of 12m for Baines knocked back

Second guessing here but I think an astute manager would see north of 25m as good business for Fellaini who's a fine footballer but worrying turning into a one in three player. Not that he has stinkers but only plays to his potential occasionally.

Perhaps it's the system and Martinez could get the best out of him but I also believe Martinez has an eye on McCarthy so if Fellaini freed up money for him and another good player then it could be construed as decent business for us.
Again, all guesswork.

Shut up Chico

Think since Fellaini arrived weve heard that his best and prefered position is DM. Hes been played there very few times for everton mainly due to the lack of depth and Moyes needing the employ him as a second striker.

Genuinely beleive that as an out and out DM, just there to be a terrier, harry the **** out of the opposition and play the ball 10/15 yards that McCarthy is the better option. Dont think McCarthy would have given up so easily on the RB for Norwich on saturday.

Pretty much clear that Martinez thinks so too. If anything around £20/£22M comes in for Fellaini he will be gone and McCarthy will arrive very soon after.

If we assume we won't sell Fellaini for less than the £23.5m of the expired clause (I know we all want more), then that would be £11.5m for Baines, which is nuts.

They'd still be about £7m short of something reasonable, which really shows how insulting the initial bid was.

Hopefully we just tell them where to go. Fellini had a well publicised clause up to July 31. If they really wanted him they could have had him weeks ago, for a reasonable price. Now we're into the season and could do without the disruption of their ridiculous bids and attempted head-turning.

A huge factor in the success of any selling of these players will be Martinez's ability to replace them properly.

You'd know with Moyes he's unearth a player or two, we'll have to see with Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back