Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got you on ignore mate.

negged-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2064.gif

£35 million for the pair now being the rumoured next offer from unt - still not enough that makes it 25 million for Felli and 10 million for Baines - DM you went away please stay away!

Fellainis release clause was less than £25m and nobody activated it which might suggest his market value is lower than £25m.

Also you could say it's £21m for Fellaini and £14m for Baines, which looks less bad and more realistic.

However, at this stage of the transfer window and the fact they're our two most important players a large premium would have to be paid to secure both signings.

Anything less than £40m shouldnt be considered.

Let's be right we all knew we were going to lose Fellaini at some point, I just don't see why we have to roll over & take it up the arse this summer.

He's got 3 years left, he'll be worth the same or maybe even more, next summer after the WC, so there is simply no reason or need to sell him at this point in this window.

Moyes & United want him, but there's no way we should allow them to ruin the start to our season with their game playing here. Slap £40m on his head & tell them to pay up or **** off, & follow that up with Baines is not for sale at any price. All this talk of we might take £20m or £23m is proper small time, the RS would never have talked like that over Suarez & the Mancs aren't talking like that over Rooney either. **** 'em, it's time to show the PL that we've still got some balls.

What's our name?

Let's be right we all knew we were going to lose Fellaini at some point, I just don't see why we have to roll over & take it up the arse this summer.

He's got 3 years left, he'll be worth the same or maybe even more, next summer after the WC, so there is simply no reason or need to sell him at this point in this window.

Moyes & United want him, but there's no way we should allow them to ruin the start to our season with their game playing here. Slap £40m on his head & tell them to pay up or **** off, & follow that up with Baines is not for sale at any price. All this talk of we might take £20m or £23m is proper small time, the RS would never have talked like that over Suarez & the Mancs aren't talking like that over Rooney either. **** 'em, it's time to show the PL that we've still got some balls.

What's our name?

Ev-er-ton mate.

Commendable but if we done that wed likely prompt Fellaini into a transfer request which would significantly reduce our bargaining power.

Reckon we've played it right so far.

I'm more worried about who we'd get in.

Arguably 2 top class players, a heartbeat of a side, leaving to be replaced by. .. . Who?

You could trust Moyes to reinvest well. But Martinez.... I dunno.

We'll finish outside the top 10.

I think if they offer £15 million for Baines and £25 million for Fellaini making it £40 million total I think it will be accepted. I would want more £43/45 million though

Think since Fellaini arrived weve heard that his best and prefered position is DM. Hes been played there very few times for everton mainly due to the lack of depth and Moyes needing the employ him as a second striker.

Genuinely beleive that as an out and out DM, just there to be a terrier, harry the **** out of the opposition and play the ball 10/15 yards that McCarthy is the better option. Dont think McCarthy would have given up so easily on the RB for Norwich on saturday.

Pretty much clear that Martinez thinks so too. If anything around £20/£22M comes in for Fellaini he will be gone and McCarthy will arrive very soon after.

Fellaini played DM throughout the 2010/11 and 2011/12 seasons.

The man completely dominated the league.

"–Marouane Fellaini won more tackles, ground duels, aerial duels and made more passes than anyone else at the club.
–Marouane Fellaini was also second in the league with 84 tackles, and won the ball 190 times in midfield, by far the most in the top flight."

See below.

http://www.eplindex.com/14562/everton-201112-good-bad-opta-stats-analysis.html/2

He hasn't played there since and people have forgotten just how good he is. Give him a run playing there again and you've got £30m player.

McCarthy better than Fellaini? Dreaming. I wonder how many people would be asking for McCarthy if he wasn't ex Wigan.

Martinez worries me. He needs to take the Wigan blinkers off.
Bringing on Kone against Norwich rather than a Anichebe surprised me... Not in a good way.

Fellainis release clause was less than £25m and nobody activated it which might suggest his market value is lower than £25m.

Also you could say it's £21m for Fellaini and £14m for Baines, which looks less bad and more realistic.

However, at this stage of the transfer window and the fact they're our two most important players a large premium would have to be paid to secure both signings.

Anything less than £40m shouldnt be considered.

If he were a commodity that existed purely to be sold on, perhaps - but he isn't. Until our financial situation is so dire as to merit selling at a substantial loss (which some United fans seem to think we're obliged to do for whatever he's worth to them), his value is £20M at a minimum.

If a club is under no pressure to sell (be that due to cashflow, wage bill, depreciation, whatever), it's the price at which they'd begin to consider doing so that sets the lower end of a player's market value - not what other clubs and their fans think that they should accept for him.

......it will be interesting if either/both players ask to talk with United. As posted, we are in a strong position but RM said he would not keep players who want to leave. If this is a prolonged affair that takes us to the brink of shutdown, then we would struggle to bring in a suitable replacement. I would hope that RM has planned for this eventuality and has a list of replacements lined up that doesn't necessarily rely on him nipping back up the East Lancs for another raid on Wigan.

Fellaini played DM throughout the 2010/11 and 2011/12 seasons.

The man completely dominated the league.

"–Marouane Fellaini won more tackles, ground duels, aerial duels and made more passes than anyone else at the club.
–Marouane Fellaini was also second in the league with 84 tackles, and won the ball 190 times in midfield, by far the most in the top flight."

See below.

http://www.eplindex.com/14562/everton-201112-good-bad-opta-stats-analysis.html/2

He hasn't played there since and people have forgotten just how good he is. Give him a run playing there again and you've got £30m player.

McCarthy better than Fellaini? Dreaming. I wonder how many people would be asking for McCarthy if he wasn't ex Wigan.

Martinez worries me. He needs to take the Wigan blinkers off.
Bringing on Kone against Norwich rather than a Anichebe surprised me... Not in a good way.

Yup.

A lot of arm chair supports all think Fellaini is a lump we hoofed it up to because they saw it on MOTD.

He's one of the best DMs in the league. Put that in the United side, they're on course for the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back