Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ev-er-ton mate.

Commendable but if we done that wed likely prompt Fellaini into a transfer request which would significantly reduce our bargaining power.

Reckon we've played it right so far.

You might be right mate, but even with a request in, once the window shuts he's got to just get on with it.

If the RS can turn the Suarez situation around after the nads he's been spouting all summer, then I don't see why we can't talk down Felli, given that to this point he's kept his own council.

My concern is that we'll end up being bullied into parting company with one or both of them, & we'll spunk the cash like a drunken sailor in the last few days of the window, on over priced durge like McCarthy. When he goes it should be on our terms at a time of our choosing, which is why we had the clause put into his contract, to avoid situations like this arising.

United have clearly taken the piss with both valuations, but Evertonians really do massively over value Fellaini, especially in central midfield.

I've said for months that he is a 20million pound player (which is far from calling him crap so there's no need to have a panic attack). Talk of selling him for 25million pound+ is and always has been crazy, the fact that nobody was interested in activating his 23.5million release clause proves that.

I appreciate that there is the we don't need to sell argument, and therefore if somebody wants him then they should pay a premium (like Newcastle did to the RS with Carol), and that is fair enough, but we shouldn't be surprised when people are unwilling to match such a valuation. I've said for ages that I would be gutted if Everton went out and spent over 20million pound on a Fellaini, because I don't think he is worth that amount of cash.

He has a great season, and a good world cup, and we will be talking £30 million +

Exactly, so why blow him out now, just because Moyes & United have come knocking?

Especially given that they've arrived waving some slummy & packet of hoola hoops, **** 'em, cheapskate ginger minge.

Typical Everton this like, isn't it? Not that it's our fault, but this **** always happens to us.

Going into the last week of the window and once again it's turmoil and uncertainly about our best players. We're going to bend over and have no plan of action for how to spend the money.

The best bargains have been had this transfer window, we're about to lose the two best players from our entire squad and any new faces may need until past Christmas before they bed in as they've had no pre-season away with the lads, maybe don't even speak the language, a whole range of things.

At the end of the day it all boils down to money, as that's what buys success. I wonder how Kenwright's 24/7 search is going?

If he were a commodity that existed purely to be sold on, perhaps - but he isn't. Until our financial situation is so dire as to merit selling at a substantial loss (which some United fans seem to think we're obliged to do for whatever he's worth to them), his value is £20M at a minimum.

If a club is under no pressure to sell (be that due to cashflow, wage bill, depreciation, whatever), it's the price at which they'd begin to consider doing so that sets the lower end of a player's market value - not what other clubs and their fans think that they should accept for him.
This is the point. United can value him at whatever they want, but I hope we stand strong on OUR valuation, even with player pressure (if it comes).

I am not sure, even given the fee is £40m plus, Martinez will sign the players with similar quality. Thus, I hope we play hard balls and both of them will stay until next summer at least. It is too late to bid now Man Utd.

I can't believe that Fellaini's arl fella still hasn't had something to say about this.

I do think Baines will stay, but can't see Fellaini being here at the end of the window.

I can't believe that Fellaini's arl fella still hasn't had something to say about this.

I do think Baines will stay, but can't see Fellaini being here at the end of the window.

He'll be hoping still for a "we've had a great offer do you fancy it?" Conversation for a while yet. Won't lose any loyalty bonuses then.
Hate the transfer window. Still hoping we keep both. We just might. Depends a lot on whether Martinez is sorted out for replacements he fancies or not IMO. I still say sit tight, give verbal promise to them that we won't stand in their way next year but give RM 1 year at least to see what he can do with this squad. Play the World Cup card although most players think they will break into new team anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back