Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Martinez's "waste of time" quotes...starting to warm to him a little. And who knows, maybe he does have hard balls! Has anyone checked?

Two little olive stones, mate. Black olives.

Looking at your Avatar...I do believe you have checked them. Well played Sir!
eusa_clap.gif

You could trust Moyes to reinvest well. But Martinez.... I dunno.

See, this is my worry also!
Bringing in Kone, won't really achieve much, just worried he'll do a QPR and just bring in fillers.
Mind you if the Gerard Deulofeu type of player becomes a regular thing, we might be onto something special?

I liked Martinez's "waste of time" quotes...starting to warm to him a little. And who knows, maybe he does have hard balls! Has anyone checked?
We'll soon see.

I said it yesterday but I'll say it again:

If 28m for the pair is an insult and completely laughable, why would a mere 7m (to take it to the next 'reasonable' round figure) make it suddenly fine to sell? Something tells me if we get offered that then they're off, and it'd be a complete disaster and the last two days' of quotes and statements will have just proven to be a kick in the teeth.

I say 15m on top of their 28m and we can start talking. Straight cash deal too, we don't want to sell and if they want the players bad enough they have to make it worth our while. Or 30m plus Hernandez would also do fine.

Something very important people aren't noticing:

From the Club statement yesterday to Martines' interviews last week and today, they are clearly avoiding "not for sale" sentence to avoid problems with Fellaini.

Fellaini wants to play in the Champions League and spent 5 years here, so he feels the time is right to move, but he is not desperate, he knows the World Cup is once in a lifetime opportunity and Belgium are really very good and might go all the way to the Semi finals, he can afford staying with us another year, keep playing regularly then go to the World Cup and because of the World Cup's exposure land even a better contract than what he will land now from United.

Basically, if we accept an offer from United, he will gladly move there, if we didn't accept the offer, he will continue playing for us this year and will give 100%, BUT he should not feel we blocked the move, he should not feel we are standing against his desire to play in the Champions League, he should not feel he is being forced to remain here.

That's why Martines said if we receive an offer we will look at it, which means if the offer is good enough, he will be sold, so far the offer wasn't good enough and we are not selling him not because we don't want to sell him, but because United are not paying enough, something he and his agent agreed on when they signed the contract, he requested or agreed that he is valued 23.5M, if United matched that price and we turned it down, it is his right to become unhappy, now he knows that United (or any other team) should have matched it before August, but then again he can ask to be transferred.

So far so good and Fellaini might be pissed that Moyes and United are not rating him high enough to pay 23.5M, i don't think he will be happy to know that they think he is worth 16M, another thing, if they think he is worth 16M they will offer him wages that a 16M player should get, something much less than a 25M worth player.

Conclusion, all is good for now, but if United cross the 20M mark, we might be forced to sell

Last edited:
See, this is my worry also!
Bringing in Kone, won't really achieve much, just worried he'll do a QPR and just bring in fillers.
Mind you if the Gerard Deulofeu type of player becomes a regular thing, we might be onto something special?

We don't have any option on him even he turns out to be a "diamond". We have no option to buy.

Something very important people aren't noticing:

From the Club statement yesterday to Martines' interviews last week and today, they are clearly avoiding "not for sale" sentence to avoid problems with Fellaini.

Fellaini wants to play in the Champions League and spent 5 years here, so he feels the time is right to move, but he is not desperate, he knows the World Cup is once in a lifetime opportunity and Belgium are really very good and might go all the way to the Semi finals, he can afford staying with us another year, keep playing regularly then go to the World Cup and because of the World Cup's exposure land even a better contract than what he will land now from United.

Basically, if we accept an offer from United, he will gladly move there, if we didn't accept the offer, he will continue playing for us this year and will give 100%, BUT he should not feel we blocked the move, he should not feel we are standing against his desire to play in the Champions League, he should not feel he is being forced to remain here.

That's why Martines said if we receive an offer we will look at it, which means if the offer is good enough, he will be sold, so far the offer wasn't good enough and we are not selling him not because we don't want to sell him, but because United are not paying enough, something he and his agent agreed on when they signed the contract, he requested or agreed that he is valued 23.5M, if United matched that price and we turned it down, it is his right to become unhappy, now he knows that United (or any other team) should have matched it before August, but then again he can ask to be transferred.

So far so good and Fellaini might be pissed that Moyes and United are not rating him high enough to pay 23.5M, i don't think he will be happy to know that they think he is worth 16M, another thing, if they think he is worth 16M they will offer him wages that a 16M player should get, something much less than a 25M worth player.

Conclusion, all is good for now, but if United cross the 20M mark, we might be forced to sell

Some good points there mate. I wouldnt be at all surprised if we hear from Arsenal BTW.

Some good points there mate. I wouldnt be at all surprised if we hear from Arsenal BTW.

I don't think Arsenal will offer him much better wages than what he is getting now, Arteta had to take a pay cut to go there, i don't think Fellaini will do that and i cant see Wenger paying him 100K a week

Well said Jay; wouldn't surprise me either that Wenger comes sniffing around.....might we start a bidding war if he does? Would he just be interested in Felli?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back