Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also it should be noted that as of yet neither of these 2 have asked for transfers so will both need to be paid loyalty bounuses if they leave without requesting one, which makes the 16m bid for felli even more laughable if we had accepted that and paid liege a sell on fee we would be losing him for a loss, it 25m for me for felli and they can do 1 with any bid for baines

Also it should be noted that as of yet neither of these 2 have asked for transfers so will both need to be paid loyalty bounuses if they leave without requesting one, which makes the 16m bid for felli even more laughable if we had accepted that and paid liege a sell on fee we would be losing him for a loss, it 25m for me for felli and they can do 1 with any bid for baines

His loyalty bonus will be huge (the reminder of the contract, he got 3 years left on 70k a week)

It's become a matter of principle now. Read this drivel:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...gain-after-Uniteds-initial-28m-bid-fails.html

Baines, who is understood to be keen to move to United, is likely to prove more difficult to sign due to the player’s reluctance to bully Everton into a sale.

By raising their offer to £35 million, however, United are confident that Everton will be unable to resist the opportunity to raise funds, particularly with manager Roberto Martínez expected to move for Wigan midfielder James McCarthy as a replacement should Fellaini be sold.

I'm sick of it - you'd swear we were no-marks from League One the way everyone is acting.

We have NO need to sell either player this close to the window - both are under contract and the valuations being bandied around are utterly pathetic. We should tell them to do one and the matter is closed and we should say so publicly.

Yes, every player has a price, but the dignity of the club is priceless. Do one Mancs.

If Felli was to be their marquee signing I can't see how they could leave him out. It's not as if United are blessed with central midfielders either. If a fee is agreed I really can't see Marouane baulking at the move because of his WC place.
Not really. It's a powerful squad United's, and if he didn't perform he wouldn't be seen much. Even if he did, the rotation is such that he'd be used in about 20 of United's usual 50-60 games...not in itself a barrier to the Belgian squad, but that lad needs to be playing all of the time and he might think it'd be wise to leave it a year so as not to tamper too much with the formula that got him where he is.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...gain-after-Uniteds-initial-28m-bid-fails.html

I'm sick of it - you'd swear we were no-marks from League One the way everyone is acting.

We have NO need to sell either player this close to the window - both are under contract and the valuations being bandied around are utterly pathetic. We should tell them to do one and the matter is closed and we should say so publicly.

Yes, every player has a price, but the dignity of the club is priceless. Do one Mancs.

The football desks on most papers in this country are like an extension of the United PR department. Anything and everything they say is designed to do that club's bidding for them.

The football desks on most papers in this country are like an extension of the United PR department. Anything and everything they say is designed to do that club's bidding for them.

Does the club not do that with the echo. The IR emails highlighted a lot of this activity and it,s not just us.. it,s everywhere now. Hacks for hire.

We all know the worlds biggest blue couldn't give a toss about that as long as the moneys coming in. That's whats winding me up the most about the whole thing. The should have been told to **** right off when the first bid came in after the way they acted the end of last season.

Man Utd have acted disgracefully but we haven't exactly covered ourselves in glory either. The reason the club hasn't stated a price through our media outlets is because they are waiting for a bare minimum to come in and negotiate on and we, the fans, won't like it.

Does the club not do that with the echo. The IR emails highlighted a lot of this activity and it,s not just us.. it,s everywhere now. Hacks for hire.
Local rags are surely - on football matters, at least - forgiven for taking the local club's line? The national's should be objective, but of course in reality are controlled by the PR departments of the elite rich clubs.

I'd love it if we sell them, and we spend it on a few top quality players on cracking deals and have a blinder of a season - just to show that we are EVERTON, and that one, two, three or four players, or even a manager that "carried" us are not bigger than the club.

Not really. It's a powerful squad United's, and if he didn't perform he wouldn't be seen much. Even if he did, the rotation is such that he'd be used in about 20 of United's usual 50-60 games...not in itself a barrier to the Belgian squad, but that lad needs to be playing all of the time and he might think it'd be wise to leave it a year so as not to tamper too much with the formula that got him where he is.

But when you sign for United, you become an automatic international pick. Its in the rules. (Except Steve Bruce that is.)

Local rags are surely - on football matters, at least - forgiven for taking the local club's line? The national's should be objective, but of course in reality are controlled by the PR departments of the elite rich clubs.

Quite right, Suarez says he wants to leave and he is disloyal and a list of other negatives, our club say the bid is not good enough and the media are more or less trying persuade them to hand in transfer requests to be ambitious, the finest british players of recent years has shown no ambition what so ever to better himself (gerrard) stayed at a club who have won the same as Brimingham and Swansea in the last 7 years and he to is commended for it double standards all over the media, and once again I wish nothing but pain to MOYES for doing this the day before our opening game of the season If he really wanted them as one of his main targets they should and could have sorted this weeks ago. COME ON CITEH AND CHELSKI

Last edited:
We all know the worlds biggest blue couldn't give a toss about that as long as the moneys coming in. That's whats winding me up the most about the whole thing.

yep, although the 2 players in question may not have had their heads turned, you can bet Kenwright and chums have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back