Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think we paint Gueye White and style his afro into an Arctic Monkeys style hairdo, accept the £28m bid, they'll be so shocked that they rush through the paperwork, hey presto we get £28m for Fellaini and Gueye. This obviously means painting Baines black and passing him off as Gueye, I've not worked out all the details just yet.

Maybe leave it with me...

He'll be hoping still for a "we've had a great offer do you fancy it?" Conversation for a while yet. Won't lose any loyalty bonuses then.
Hate the transfer window. Still hoping we keep both. We just might. Depends a lot on whether Martinez is sorted out for replacements he fancies or not IMO. I still say sit tight, give verbal promise to them that we won't stand in their way next year but give RM 1 year at least to see what he can do with this squad. Play the World Cup card although most players think they will break into new team anyway.

Fellaini out, McCarthy in feels inevitable at this point.

I knew those stories about Moyes and Kenwright having a gentlemen's agreement on players were too ridiculous to be true.

i dont think its a certainty he will go for mccarthy, if he liked him that much i'd have thought he would have at least had a go at signing hi...maybe by not signing kone and offloading somebody else

Which player does Moyes really want to sign ? is it Fellaini or Baines.
I don't think he will get both.
I think it will take crazy money to sign Baines but I think the exit clause figure of circa 24m will still probably buy Fellaini.
I would not be surprised if quietly that agreement is already in place between Everton and Fellaini and that Fellaini won't rock the boat in terms of demanding a transfer.

We will now see who was the hard negotiator at Everton Kenwright or Moyes just as this summers transfer activity at Utd has shown us that the stalling ,delays and indicisiveness in the transfer market at Everton in recent is certainly at least as much down to Moyes as it was lack of funds.
He is now at one of the two biggest clubs in the world and still cannot sign a player.

Something very important people aren't noticing:

From the Club statement yesterday to Martines' interviews last week and today, they are clearly avoiding "not for sale" sentence to avoid problems with Fellaini.

Fellaini wants to play in the Champions League and spent 5 years here, so he feels the time is right to move, but he is not desperate, he knows the World Cup is once in a lifetime opportunity and Belgium are really very good and might go all the way to the Semi finals, he can afford staying with us another year, keep playing regularly then go to the World Cup and because of the World Cup's exposure land even a better contract than what he will land now from United.

Basically, if we accept an offer from United, he will gladly move there, if we didn't accept the offer, he will continue playing for us this year and will give 100%, BUT he should not feel we blocked the move, he should not feel we are standing against his desire to play in the Champions League, he should not feel he is being forced to remain here.

That's why Martines said if we receive an offer we will look at it, which means if the offer is good enough, he will be sold, so far the offer wasn't good enough and we are not selling him not because we don't want to sell him, but because United are not paying enough, something he and his agent agreed on when they signed the contract, he requested or agreed that he is valued 23.5M, if United matched that price and we turned it down, it is his right to become unhappy, now he knows that United (or any other team) should have matched it before August, but then again he can ask to be transferred.

So far so good and Fellaini might be pissed that Moyes and United are not rating him high enough to pay 23.5M, i don't think he will be happy to know that they think he is worth 16M, another thing, if they think he is worth 16M they will offer him wages that a 16M player should get, something much less than a 25M worth player.

Conclusion, all is good for now, but if United cross the 20M mark, we might be forced to sell

Yeah, I agree with that logic. At least for this year any player not in a CL team but already pretty much assured of their place in their country's WC squad would be gambling a lot if they looked to move. Unless they are unquestionably top of the tree in their position they wouldn't be guaranteed the constant first team football that got them their national shirts in the first place. It could conceivably be argued that, on this occasion at least, cash motives and club ambitions are trumped.

It was good to see the club putting out photos of the squad (including Baines and Fellaini) laughing and joking in training today. The message seems to be that both players are happy at Everton. It's quite refreshing really because we normally say that the player wants to leave, even if the club is the one pushing the sale. It could be quite a smart move.

With regards to Fellaini, if he cost us £17.5m and Standard Liege are entitled to 20% of any profit (source: The Guardian) then, if we sold him for £23.5m we would make £4.8m. I can't see us wanting to make much less than £5m on him.

As for Baines, I'm quite astounded that United keep coming back with a £12m offer even after it's been rejected out of hand. The Guardian reports that Man U are likely to increase their bid for Felli but stick at the same price for Bainsey with a THIRD offer of the same amount. And this after they wrote apologising for how the Moyes affair was handled.

Yeah, I agree with that logic. At least for this year any player not in a CL team but already pretty much assured of their place in their country's WC squad would be gambling a lot if they looked to move. Unless they are unquestionably top of the tree in their position they wouldn't be guaranteed the constant first team football that got them their national shirts in the first place. It could conceivably be argued that, on this occasion at least, cash motives and club ambitions are trumped.

If Felli was to be their marquee signing I can't see how they could leave him out. It's not as if United are blessed with central midfielders either. If a fee is agreed I really can't see Marouane baulking at the move because of his WC place.

I'm at the point now that selling Fellaini means getting you know who in.

They all have to stay! Even Gueye. Not sure why.

LOL RHYMZZZZZZZZ

It seems like United won't go much beyond £15m. We'd be crackers to practically swap Fellaini for McCarthy. I don't want Barry but, if Felli goes, we'd be better off getting him on loan and picking up a bargain replacement next summer when everyone forgets that we've got money to spend.

Fellaini is a 25m player.

Going off the release fee he had, he was valued then at close to 25m.

The club has laughed off United's bid of whatever it was.

Martinez came out and said we wouldn't sell for less than 23m.

Martinez calls their recent bid a waste of time.

I personally think he'll go for around 20m.

It's going to suck so bad.

It seems that the club wanted the release clause at 30 million so that what the club value him at, Fellaini agent pushed for 23 million. Moyes makes a bid of 16 million. Its madness

no way on earth Baines will go for £12M though.

Serious pi55 take if they make a third bid of the same amount! Worse than Arsenals £40M plus a quid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back