Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two completely different things. PL match fitness is a long way from training on your own.

….if he’s been training he should be fit from a cardio perspective, match fitness is lots about timing, touch and contact. The physicality of contact is something that might take it out of him.

I thought I read he’d had Covid and if that is true it would be much more of a reason for his form so far.

Don't fret, we'll be signing Sean Longstaff instead.
I don't know much about Longstaff but he is playing regularly for Newcastle now because apparently he didn't get on with the manager and will be signed on a free or a very low fee.

The signings of Gray and Townsend have worked well so far and it would be interesting to look back and see what people thought of those when they arrived.

I don't know much about Longstaff but he is playing regularly for Newcastle now because apparently he didn't get on with the manager and will be signed on a free or a very low fee.

The signings of Gray and Townsend have worked well so far and it would be interesting to look back and see what people thought of those when they arrived.
The fact that he's famously slow should say it all. The absolute last thing Everton need is another slow midfielder. We've absolutely hampered by them for far too long.

Townsend and Gray are currently playing very well, but if we are serious about having European ambitions (I suspect we are not) then signing these types of players alone is unlikely to succeed in the long term. Realistically, we could be looking at losing Delph, Sigurdsson, Gomes and Davies by the end of this season, leaving us with only Allan and Doucoure as CMs. I won't shed a tear for any of those players leaving the club, and I suspect at least one of Gomes and Davies will stay, but with the system we play we will need to replace all of them and with our financial situation we are in the Longstaff category of signings. On top of all of that, I suspect we will be selling Richarlison and possibly DCL and, although we will receive good fees for them, I am anxious about our ability to scout younger, cheaper replacements which is where we are now as a club.

P.S. Newcastle are mince, playing for them semi-regularly should not be a qualification for signing for Everton. Why we are determined to become Evertoon, I will never understand.

These kinds of comments about Gomes baffle me (no opinion on Longstaff so put that to one side). If he can’t run, shoot, tackle or as someone else stated pass a ball further than 10yds. What exactly are the ‘technical’ aspects of football he is good at?
it's called irony amigo

Have you ever worked in contract law or employment law?
I have and usually a "gross misconduct clause " will only kick in if allegations are proven.

Of course , parties can agree on anything within a contract but I would be extremely suprised if there was provision within the contract for this scenario and allowing the withholding of wages.......but who knows?

Have you ever worked in contract law or employment law?

No mate but i've got a contract of employment and code of conduct that make it very clear the company reserves the right to suspend without pay or terminate my contract based on consequences of particular events.

Nobody really knows, but Everton have the right to suspend him without pay. Depends on many factors that none of us are privvy to tbf.

'There may be legal justifications for the employer to terminate the employee. If he or she is in an at-will state, the employer may have the right to terminate the employee over pending charges. If the employee has a contract, there may be contract provisions related to character, having to report any arrests or the impact of an arrest or conviction.'

Townsend and Gray are currently playing very well, but if we are serious about having European ambitions (I suspect we are not) then signing these types of players alone is unlikely to succeed in the long term. Realistically, we could be looking at losing Delph, Sigurdsson, Gomes and Davies by the end of this season, leaving us with only Allan and Doucoure as CMs. I won't shed a tear for any of those players leaving the club, and I suspect at least one of Gomes and Davies will stay, but with the system we play we will need to replace all of them and with our financial situation we are in the Longstaff category of signings. On top of all of that, I suspect we will be selling Richarlison and possibly DCL and, although we will receive good fees for them, I am anxious about our ability to scout younger, cheaper replacements which is where we are now as a club.

P.S. Newcastle are mince, playing for them semi-regularly should not be a qualification for signing for Everton. Why we are determined to become Evertoon, I will never understand.
Unexpectedly(on my behalf) Gray seems to have a high threshold and could be the quality of player that could perform in a top four team. We still have to wait for some time to see if he can consistently maintain his form.

Townsend would be an asset to most squads but you would hope that he would not be starting every week and that reflects the lack of depth in the squad.

From the little I have seen of him Longstaff would fill the position that we would have hoped Gbamin would fill and RB does know him well and will know what he may be capable of.

So far, the signings he has made on the shoestring budget have been worthwhile and Longstaff if he is signed may also prove value for money, he certainly would seem to be physically capable at least.

No mate but i've got a contract of employment and code of conduct that make it very clear the company reserves the right to suspend without pay or terminate my contract based on consequences of particular events.

Nobody really knows, but Everton have the right to suspend him without pay. Depends on many factors that none of us are privvy to tbf.

'There may be legal justifications for the employer to terminate the employee. If he or she is in an at-will state, the employer may have the right to terminate the employee over pending charges. If the employee has a contract, there may be contract provisions related to character, having to report any arrests or the impact of an arrest or conviction.'
That I imagine is a template,I'd imagine a Prem footballers legal advisor will have had him sign something a bit more specific.

Agree on Tosun leaving in Jan. I could see that being a loan till end of season and then hes on a free somewhere.

Davies was supposedly available in the summer but didnt want to leave.

Kenny I think has massively regressed and will be off to a German club on a loan till end of the season.

I wonder if we may try to negotiate to pay off Gbamins contract...

Gomes would be someone ideal to move on in Jan when people need a boost of a signing although it would leave us light so i expect him to move on a 2 year loan in the summer.
What's going on with Gbamin? I thought he was fit and well to play ?

Status
Not open for further replies.