Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were gonna be well and truly knackered when we sell Pickford, Richarlison and DCL in the summer...
Two out of three we can honestly live with if the money is right.

Of course we'd have to reinvest wisely, which we won't, but a functioning club with a recruiting policy could sell Pickford and one of the others and make a decent fist of it.

Two midfielders are needed.

Our absence of a player who’ll just sit in front of the back 4 and makes those interceptions/recoveries/tackles is a glaring problem. Ndidi does it for Leicester, Fabinho does it for Liverpool, Rice does it for West Ham, Rodri for City etc. and they’re all absolutely vital for what their side does.

Also blatantly needing a proper midfielder, with good technique, will retain possession, who’s always wanting the ball at his feet and can make things happen with a pass/beating a man/runs off the ball etc.

Allan and Doucoure both have things they do well but a midfield pairing of them (AND ESPECIALLY NEVER AGAIN A MIDFIELD TWO CONTAINING GOMES) just blatantly does not work - the fact Ferguson thought pairing Gomes and Doucoure together would work is concerning.

We need a manager this week and 2 signings. For me we are desperate for a DM and some creativity. A no10 would be ideal. Regardless of peoples opinion on him we have massively missed Sigurdsson imo. That position just hasn’t been filled.

Two midfielders are needed.

Our absence of a player who’ll just sit in front of the back 4 and makes those interceptions/recoveries/tackles is a glaring problem. Ndidi does it for Leicester, Fabinho does it for Liverpool, Rice does it for West Ham, Rodri for City etc. and they’re all absolutely vital for what their side does.

Also blatantly needing a proper midfielder, with good technique, will retain possession, who’s always wanting the ball at his feet and can make things happen with a pass/beating a man/runs off the ball etc.

Allan and Doucoure both have things they do well but a midfield pairing of them (AND ESPECIALLY NEVER AGAIN A MIDFIELD TWO CONTAINING GOMES) just blatantly does not work - the fact Ferguson thought pairing Gomes and Doucoure together would work is concerning.

Allan Doucoure Onyango should be the midfield as it stands.

But we urgently need a pure defensive midfielder.

Yeah the creative players we have are perfectly fine for now. Fixing the midfield for me is the only real objective to aim for in the next week.

100% on the midfield but I don’t actually think we have any creative players, Gray, Richie and Gordon are all very direct. I’m meaning we bring someone in with some composure on the ball that can dictate some play. We don’t have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.