Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The review needs to involve how we ended up with ElGhazi (we all know how) richarlison, Gray, Gordon Townsend and Iwobi already at the club with Dobbin coming through. What was the point in letting Moshiri waste a prescious loan on a 5th choice winger

Is Ferguson allowed to tell Kenwright to work his apparent 'magic' as per Moshiri and sell Keane and Gomes ?

Get some cash in for a defensive midfielder...

We have three players in Gray, Richy and Gordon whose best position is left side of a front three, and we have a dire need for a strong DM and a creative 10. I hate saying it because I love him but if we have to sell to buy it might be worth cashing in on Richy and spending it on two quality midfielders. He is a great player but a bit of a tactical headache to fit into the side.

We have three players in Gray, Richy and Gordon whose best position is left side of a front three, and we have a dire need for a strong DM and a creative 10. I hate saying it because I love him but if we have to sell to buy it might be worth cashing in on Richy and spending it on two quality midfielders. He is a great player but a bit of a tactical headache to fit into the side.
The only reason I’d consider selling Richie is if he won’t sign a new contract. In which case selling this summer with two years left on his deal regrettably makes sense. He’s someone we should be trying to build a team around.

It would be just like us to sell Richie, make El Ghazi permanent, keep Iwobi and Gray. None of them are anywhere near the player Richie is. Stop selling our best players, the next five years are the peak of his career. You didn’t see Spurs selling Harry Kane at 25, coincided with their best league positions in 30/40 odd years.

The only reason I’d consider selling Richie is if he won’t sign a new contract. In which case selling this summer with two years left on his deal regrettably makes sense. He’s someone we should be trying to build a team around.

It would be just like us to sell Richie, make El Ghazi permanent, keep Iwobi and Gray. None of them are anywhere near the player Richie is. Stop selling our best players, the next five years are the peak of his career. You didn’t see Spurs selling Harry Kane at 25, coincided with their best league positions in 30/40 odd years.
In an ideal world I completely agree, but we are far from an ideal world. We have almost no midfield, especially if Doucs is injured again, and we are going to get relegated if we keep getting overrun. Playing him as a second striker like today is a luxury and leaves the midfield exposed, so the best option is to play him as a LW in a 433.

But when we have no midfielders, and especially lack a 10 who can supply a front three with quality chances, and when we have two other very good players in Gordon and Gray who also play LW, and when we have to get money in to buy anyone, it might be depressing but pragmatic to fund a 6 and a 10 by selling Richarlison. I'm not sure how else we do it.

In an ideal world I completely agree, but we are far from an ideal world. We have almost no midfield, especially if Doucs is injured again, and we are going to get relegated if we keep getting overrun. Playing him as a second striker like today is a luxury and leaves the midfield exposed, so the best option is to play him as a LW in a 433.

But when we have no midfielders, and especially lack a 10 who can supply a front three with quality chances, and when we have two other very good players in Gordon and Gray who also play LW, and when we have to get money in to buy anyone, it might be depressing but pragmatic to fund a 6 and a 10 by selling Richarlison. I'm not sure how else we do it.
What about selling the midfielders who aren’t good enough or getting to the end of their careers? iwobi, Gomes, Allan, Davies, Gbamin - we’ve also got Delph, Siggi, Tosun contracts out in the summer.

Would move on everyone of them before I consider selling one of genuine best players. We’ve moved on our best players and kept consistent under performers for too long - they have to go.

Gordon, Gray are decent but nowhere near Richie, whether it’s second striker or off the left, whatever formation. Gordon’s also looking good off the right.

Get spending, you fool! A bloody multi-billionaire that owns a company bringing in 5 billion a year having a huff because he’s wasted a bit of cash on his ego investment. So what, you’re going to look even more stupid when we are docked 10 points in the Championship, so stop with the downgrades and actually strengthen the squad for once!

Barkley on a deadline day loan is nailed on…

Beggars really can’t be choosers. And we’ve had Jeffers, Benitez and Sammy Lee at the club in recent years. Get him in and another more defensive midfielder, and we may just stand a chance of avoiding a Championship FFP points deduction.

Get spending, you fool! A bloody multi-billionaire that owns a company bringing in 5 billion a year having a huff because he’s wasted a bit of cash on his ego investment. So what, you’re going to look even more stupid when we are docked 10 points in the Championship, so stop with the downgrades and actually strengthen the squad for once!

he needs a manager to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.