Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I’ve seen it’s pretty common, and it’s what Rafael prefers, to have a full back who defends and one who attacks so there’s always a flexible three staying back. If the word is Myolenko is fairly defensive (having also played LCB in a 3) then Patterson makes a lot of sense, from what I have seen he has a lot of attacking quality, not unlike Seamus. We might not all agree on the plan, but if we move on Digne for a distinctive plan it’s a step in the right direction.

You never asked me to make a case for him as defender. Which I could incidentally. His performances in the Europa League last season and his outstanding performances for Scotland outwith his debut Vs Czech Republic alone. Hence why I don't believe you've watched him and have based this non informed opinion based on a dislike of Gerrard and have arrogantly and ignorantly stuck to your guns on it.

Anyways, peace out. I'll update more if I get more. I'd expect a wee bit more, but not too much now it's in the final details.
Patterson will be a mainstay for years if Everton sign him. Very athletic with a great football brain.
I am a season ticket holder at Rangers who followed Everton when a relative played for you.
Hence my log in.

Think the left back from Kyiv, right back from Rangers, Coutinho on loan would be a good window. Adding a winger to that would be good business in my book. Think it's bad to rid of Digne the way it's going to play out because not only does it leave a bad taste but also obviously lessens his value as clubs know we want to sell. Much rather the like of Coutinho who at least showed something in his career rather than looking back to someone like Barkley, who's never done anything except cost us about £20m being a knob with his transfer.

But the issue has been buying over priced flops for that squad...or buying bang average. Needs to just be right regardless of money.

Longstaff's 24 and isn't a 1st team player for one of the worst sides in the league. Getting him in just to fill the squad on the cheap is in the same league as Delph, Cleverly, Alcaraz, etc...they just clog the side for years having a couple of decent games filling in for injuries while being awful for the most part.

Would rather throw Davies another 3 year deal if we're just looking for fillers.

Agreed , we should be signing players that go straight into the starting 11 and making the creepy starter a squad player. That’s how you improve , it shouldn’t be that hard to do either as 90% of our first team are crap. Look at Townsend , bought as a squad player and is now a regular, and he was free, same with gray. Signing fringe players from a team that’s rooted to the bottom of the league is not the way to go. Williams, siggy, kone, Joel, alcaraz, bolasie and even Godfrey were all signed from crap teams and have either been moved on or we are stuck with them until their contracts run down.

Whilst Ramsay is a fine young talent, I completely disagree. Patterson is the closest thing to Tierney, albeit opposite flanks, to have come out of Scotland since his emergence.

The reasons he has not played for Rangers too much thus far are clear, I've went through them before. The player in his role, is not only captain but had the most assists and goal attributions in the team. It takes a massive gamble for an "old firm" manager to make that change. Ramsay has a free shot at it in comparison, and in that very same comparison, I can't see how a neutral could come up with the evaluation? He'll have a good career, but Patterson will have a fantastic one.

In respect of Hickey. I like the player very much. Completely two footed, which is actually surprisingly infrequent in top level football, not many are as confident on both feet as he is. Adapted relatively well to Seria A, although was dropped recently before regaining his place. Again, I'd place Patterson well above him in terms of current ability, Hickey could develop to his level, without having the same physical prowess that is so important in the EPL.

Anyways just my observations. What I do know is we are a long way to securing one. And it ain't Ramsay or Hickey.
Patterson is nothing like Tierney. Stylistically or ability wise.

The player in his role is also hopeless defensively and routinely targeted by every team he comes up against. You’ve got about 3 different excuses for Patterson not playing more.

It’s not like he’s getting decent game time just not getting starts every week. He’s barely getting minutes and the minutes he does get are part of a front 3.

Hickey turned down Bayern Munich to join Bologna. He’s a far bigger talent than Patterson ever has been. Having good physicality counts for nothing if you don’t have a brain how to use it.

The last part isn’t the argument you think it is. If anything recent history shows we’re probably signing the wrong player.

Theres 3 somewhat similar players out of contract in the summer...

Kessie from AC Milan, 25 years old and walks into most teams. I think he wants £150k a week + signing fee. That would be 'the' statement blockbuster signing that id say puts us into a permanent 'top 6' level once we add full backs and a right winger...absolute class.

Zakaria: Very, very good player but had a major injury and one or two smaller ones which have set him back from becoming one of the big name players behind Kessie.

Kamara: Marseille who at 22 is the youngest of the 3 and a real diamond. Can play centre back and full back but over the last 18 months has made a name for himself as a defensive midfielder. Wouldnt surprise me to see him going to Man Utd.

For me, if we cant attract/afford Kessie then we go for Kamara who is going to be a really good player for his next club. Zakaria is good but the injury is a concern and i think there will be higher potential alternatives.

Yeah, its more that within a week of Benitez falling out with Digne we suddenly get a replacement....but its taking alot longer for the right back weve needed for ages.

I do find it odd that weve not just taken Ramsay from Aberdeen for a small fee...in addition to going for patterson.

Imagine if we played 3 at the back and had Livramento at RCB and Lamptey at RWD.

Its amazing to me that Chelsea let both players go...if they want Digne then surely theres a player we could swap him for from Chelsea....like the boy on loan at Palace.

What ever happened to Casper dollberg? What’s he upto these days

What ever happened to Casper dollberg? What’s he upto these days

Big Kasper has done very well for Nice since his move aside from having some issues such as:

Team mate stole his watch
Several injuries
Managerial changes
Coronavirus

He's got 1 in 2 for Denmark this year as well.

You never asked me to make a case for him as defender. Which I could incidentally. His performances in the Europa League last season and his outstanding performances for Scotland outwith his debut Vs Czech Republic alone. Hence why I don't believe you've watched him and have based this non informed opinion based on a dislike of Gerrard and have arrogantly and ignorantly stuck to your guns on it.

Anyways, peace out. I'll update more if I get more. I'd expect a wee bit more, but not too much now it's in the final details.

Don’t get sucked into Dave’s world mate… I learned that a long time ago, it’s a dark and dangerous place where bobby brown shoes guided us to our best ever prem finish despite Moyes actually finishing 4th, apparently because bobby got more points he’s better , it’s also a world in where baines is the devil, Mark Albrighton is good enough to get into the 1970 Brazil World Cup team and where dave knows more about stadium construction than Dan Meis as well as having knowledge of player injuries, rehab and recovery times that is unmatched by an other human on earth.

He is significantly above the level of Robertson when he left Scotland. I know I bowed out but I guarantee you that. Granted both aren't Maldini esq in their defending abilities. But I'm sure you'll agree the significantly less talented one at the age of 20 has done ok in that league.
What the hell are you talking about?

Robertson was absolutely miles ahead of any fullback in the league at a time when Celtic had Izaguirre and Lustig, who were performing in the Champions League for a team who got to the last 16, and that was Robertson first season as a professional footballer.

Looking at your previous posts on Scottish football you seem to think Jozo Simunovic was the next Van Dijk as well even though he’s just signed for a team after 18 months with a club…

Put it this way, if Patterson was such a big talent why would Rangers a) sell him so cheaply and b) not give him as much gametime as possible to develop quicker?

You say this as if people can’t watch highlights or go and look at comments from fans talking about how bad he’s been at times for Scotland…

Again, I rate him and think he’s a talent. But the idea he’s good enough to be a first choice RB in the EPL or that he’s better than Robertson or Tierney at the same age is quite frankly nonsensical bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.