Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh what a marvellous argument. No world class players so sign an overrated Zaha. A non-goal scoring attacker

an fyi: James Rodriguez says hi

Lolz

My argument is clear - sign a proven PL player to pad out the squad or keep wasting money on unproven tat who 9 times out of 10 dont make it in the Prem.

James signed because he played twice under Carlo & was out of favour at Madrd. 1 in a million scenario that went in our favour.

He's already matched that this season. The previous season he had a direct hand in 20 league goals (10 goals, 10 assists).

DCL is class, but we can also say that having a player like Zaha would help us massively.

I know it's academic now. He's not coming here so it's fine, would have just been nice to see us go for him in the summer and add quality on top of the quality players we do have.

Imagine not having to play Gylfi or Iwobi if we get one injury or suspension.

so, 2 years in his entire career. Marvellous

this argument is exactly like the Gylfi one; I was shouted down then because I look past the stats and watch the utter gash on the pitch

massively crap, an attacker who doesn’t score or create. What more could you ask for

He's scored five, assisted two and created 13 'big chances' in eight league games.

James has created 17 chances for us. Digne is our next highest with 11.

Last year he created 36 chances.

Season before 54.

Season before that, 53.

Those are objectively good numbers which disprove your point that he doesn't create.

He's scored five, assisted two and created 13 'big chances' in eight league games.

James has created 17 chances for us. Digne is our next highest with 11.

Funny how we continue making the same mistakes in the transfer window and the same people can not see the woods from the trees.

Sandro
Tosun
Gomes
Kean
Klaassan
Mina
Lossl
Bernard

What more proof is needed that our policy of signing tat from largely sub par leagues or unproven squaddies from the "top" clubs doesn't work.

Funny how we continue making the same mistakes in the transfer window and the same people can not see the woods from the trees.

Sandro
Tosun
Gomes
Kean
Klaassan
Mina
Lossl
Bernard

What more proof is needed that our policy of signing tat from largely sub par leagues or unproven squaddies from the "top" clubs doesn't work.

oh yeah because PL signings have worked out well you utter numpty

oh yeah because PL signings have worked out well you utter numpty

Richarlison
Gana
Keane

Those three + Doucoure who the jury is still out on have been successes here. And thats not including the likes of Baines, Lukaku, Jagielka, Lescott, Barry, Yakubu etc. from years gone by.

Digne aside all our signings from abroad minus James have been complete wastes of money.

Had we signed Zaha instead of Iwobi it would be unanimous that our best business has been PL players minus Siggurdsson.

Richarlison
Gana
Keane

Those three + Doucoure who the jury is still out on have been successes here. And thats not including the likes of Baines, Lukaku, Jagielka, Lescott, Barry, Yakubu etc. from years gone by.

Digne aside all our signings from abroad minus James have been complete wastes of money.

Had we signed Zaha instead of Iwobi it would be unanimous that our best business has been PL players minus Siggurdsson.

Pickford, Walcott, Sigurdsson, Keane, Iwobi, Martina, Williams, Bolasie, Lookman, Schneiderlin, Cleverley, Alcaraz, Kone, Delph, Lossl and Doucoure because he’s so far out of his depth it’s scary

yeah, boss lad

been playing in the top flight for 7 years, at 28 hits double figures once and this is his most productive start to a season

quick launch £80m at him

I've edited that post to include more stats that back up my point and disprove the 'he doesn't create' shout.

He does create. He is a massive threat to teams. We've got Iwobi running about like a headless chicken and Gylfi doing nothing.

That response to you was the usual dumb straw man argument. It’s incessant from them, and very dull

i've literally used an Opta query tool to get his stats up which disprove this nonsense that he doesn't create.

By the very metric that teams use to measure whether players create chances, Zaha creates chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back