Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane's become good for us

Lookman wasn't given much of a chance

Schneiderlin ability wise is good he just was a coward who in his own words downed tools once Koeman was sacked

Pickford - ability is there but he's now shot to pieces

The rest all crap - however again Digne aside who have we signed from abroad over the years who have been a success?

Tosun
Gomes
Kean
Sandro
Mina
Sidibe
Bilyetdinov
Klaassan
Koldrup
Heitinga
Ferrari
Mirallas
Onyekuru
Vlasic

Absolute waste of money.

Positives from this island:

Lukaku
Richarlison
Gana
Arteta
Cahill
Jagielka
Baines
Lescott
Yakubu
DCL
Keane
Stones
Holgate

Worst thing we did was bring in a fella as DOF who doesnt know the UK Market as our best business has always been done here.

Players like Maddison before he went to Leicester, Zaha & Ings etc would have given us actual options in the squad.

Pienaar was superb from Dortmund
Arteta came in from Real Sociedad
Fellaini was a good signing for us as well.
Dacourt and Matterazzi
I thought Miralles was decent for the money paid.

a lot of the ‘this island’ signings are players signed from foreign teams and only played 1 or 2 season at a club before we signed them. What about;
Gylfy,
Kone,
Alcarez,
Beattie,
Johnston,
Bilic
Iwobi
Walcott
Pickford

Etc etc

I think what’s important is signing the right players to fit the system we’re going to play - not an easy task - however at the moment our system/style is difficult to decipher.

No matter what Carlo, will need time and patience and that’s the worst thing as a fan.

No more 'wingers', as these turn out to be anodyne midfielders.

Wingers mean Dave Thomas, Ronnie Goodlass, Pat Nevin.

These type of players no longer exist.

Richarlison
Gana
Keane

Those three + Doucoure who the jury is still out on have been successes here.

Digne aside all our signings from abroad minus James have been complete wastes of money.

Had we signed Zaha instead of Iwobi it would be unanimous that our best business has been PL players minus Siggurdsson.
Why didn't suggest Zaha previously?! Now... Have you heard of josh King?

Pienaar was superb from Dortmund
Arteta came in from Real Sociedad
Fellaini was a good signing for us as well.
Dacourt and Matterazzi
I thought Miralles was decent for the money paid.

a lot of the ‘this island’ signings are players signed from foreign teams and only played 1 or 2 season at a club before we signed them. What about;
Gylfy,
Kone,
Alcarez,
Beattie,
Johnston,
Bilic
Iwobi
Walcott
Pickford

Etc etc

I think what’s important is signing the right players to fit the system we’re going to play - not an easy task - however at the moment our system/style is difficult to decipher.

No matter what Carlo, will need time and patience and that’s the worst thing as a fan.

Wasnt Arteta on loan at Rangers the season before we signed him? Obviously still a foreign signing but he was obviously watched whilst playing in the UK.

Pienaar was good but if you took Baines out the equation he wasnt that good (whereas Baines was quality regardless of who played infront of him).

Another two players I've forgotten were Distin & McCarthy (Coleman as well if you count ROI).

For too long we have neglected the market over here - overlooking Van Dijk to sign Funes Mori optimises our recent snobby attitude to signing good players in the UK.

The one time we didnt we entrusted a fake DOF to blow money on trash like Bolasie & Siggurdsson.

The Walcott one was beyond stupid. Not only has it deprived us of a much needed pacey right sided winger, but we are paying Southampton 50k a week so that they can have him instead!
Agree not his biggest fan but he was a outlet and back up now our wingers besides Richy are very similiar they want to cut in. Looks a poor decision and Kean too I understand he wanted out but we had to bring someone in, had to. Now we are light.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing tbh. Paying Southampton 50k a week to deprive us of a decent forward that we have no replacement for, whilst Southampton get to gain said forward... WTF?
I am baffled Carlo agreed to it. We need a new forward in Jan I don't care what Brands thinks of that window. We are showing we lack options now if we get any injuries to Dom or Richy we are struggling even more.

Anyone think maybe Walcott and Kean asked to go out on loan...

If someone’s heart isn’t there we shouldn’t keep them.
Yes but we should have brought someone in a forward with pace, our back up is not good enough. Tosun is back up for DCL, Tosun who is not like for like in attributes and not good enough and we have seen the back up for Richy and James.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back