Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continues to baffle me how nobody at Everton has thought, in the past 20 years, that having a number of quick players in the starting xi would be a really good idea.
We look a slow team right now but is it as much mentality as pace? We looked very lethargic the last few weeks. I agree we need to identify pace as a factor in any player we add you need a mix. Richy is the only one with the blistering pace to get in behind which is ludicrous really you need a few of these in a squad. Currently we cannot stretch the game or get close to Dom.

We look a slow team right now but is it as much mentality as pace? We looked very lethargic the last few weeks. I agree we need to identify pace as a factor in any player we add you need a mix. Richy is the only one with the blistering pace to get in behind which is ludicrous really you need a few of these in a squad. Currently we cannot stretch the game or get close to Dom.
ERM, they can't think themselves quick

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing tbh. Paying Southampton 50k a week to deprive us of a decent forward that we have no replacement for, whilst Southampton get to gain said forward... WTF?

walcott is not a decent forward tho .. he’s been crap for years.

walcott is not a decent forward tho .. he’s been crap for years.

I don’t agree mate. He had qualities, which he has shown at Arsenal, Everton and Southampton. But regardless, we thought paying 50k a week to deprive ourself of a player of significant utility made more sense than paying 100k a week to have a player of significant utility.

You can argue about Walcott’s quality all day, but we are paying 50k a week for no benefit or utility at all!

Worse, that 50k a week facilitates Southampton’s utility of Walcott, and he will continue to do well for them.

I don’t agree mate. He had qualities, which he has shown at Arsenal, Everton and Southampton. But regardless, we thought paying 50k a week to deprive ourself of a player of significant utility made more sense than paying 100k a week to have a player of significant utility.

You can argue about Walcott’s quality all day, but we are paying 50k a week for no benefit or utility at all!

Worse, that 50k a week facilitates Southampton’s utility of Walcott, and he will continue to do well for them.

going off that logic we should have kept sandro around the last few seasons. We need to reduce the wage bill. We can only deal with clubs that want players . Walcott was wanted so he had to go .

going off that logic we should have kept sandro around the last few seasons. We need to reduce the wage bill. We can only deal with clubs that want players . Walcott was wanted so he had to go .

It’s not the same. Sandro isn’t anything approaching Walcott’s quality. We haven’t missed Sandro, but I think we have missed Walcott and will continue to do so, and we’re paying for the ‘privilege’.

Continues to baffle me how nobody at Everton has thought, in the past 20 years, that having a number of quick players in the starting xi would be a really good idea.
It’s incredible really. If we are going to build a team around James, who generally doesn’t run, then having the likes of Sigurdsson in the team at the same time is just suicidal.

Either we push James central and get a decent RW or we need to buy a more mobile attacking CM to play at the top of the midfield 3.

It’s incredible really. If we are going to build a team around James, who generally doesn’t run, then having the likes of Sigurdsson in the team at the same time is just suicidal.

Either we push James central and get a decent RW or we need to buy a more mobile attacking CM to play at the top of the midfield 3.

Can anyone tell me of any other teams that have been built around players that don’t run?

Can anyone tell me of any other teams that have been built around players that don’t run?

All of the top teams have pace and power now in every position. Everton continue to continuously buy players without these for some reason. Sigurdsson Keane Coleman Bernard are all too slow for the premier league and unfortunately they’ve been surrounded by players not much quicker such as Mina Allan and James. It all leads to a team that can’t get the ball back even against average opposition.

The recent signings of Docuoure Nkonkou Godfrey gives some hope that we’re going in a different direction but we’ve been doing this since the turn of the millennium, even Moyes’ best teams did not have quick players in them .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back