Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s incredible really. If we are going to build a team around James, who generally doesn’t run, then having the likes of Sigurdsson in the team at the same time is just suicidal.

Either we push James central and get a decent RW or we need to buy a more mobile attacking CM to play at the top of the midfield 3.

Gbamin has to replace Gomes/Siggurdsson in the midfield going forward (if he has any pace left in him from them injuries)

Until then as much I dont like him Iwobi should play in the middle - he is bang average but atleast he can make a forward pass which is more that can be said about the above pair.

Gbamin has to replace Gomes/Siggurdsson in the midfield going forward (if he has any pace left in him from them injuries)

Until then as much I dont like him Iwobi should play in the middle - he is bang average but atleast he can make a forward pass which is more that can be said about the above pair.

A big facet of our play in the first few league games were quick switches of play from James to the left wing. We're seeing that less now because teams are doubling up on him, due in part to a lack of danger from the other flank.

However, it could also be that we aren't getting the ball to him quickly enough.

Gomes - in the first few games - was doing this well. Switching the play quickly and, combined with having Richarlison doing his thing, it was not allowing opposition teams to get across to double up on James.

We've completely lost that. And Gomes has been tosh in the last few games he's played (the derby and Newcastle), but it was definitely something we were doing well.

We need someone who can drive forward with the ball from midfield and who will give defences something to think about. That will create more space for James, rather than Sigurdsson running in treacle.

Agree. 100%.

He does not have the speed or skill to hold down a front three spot. And the right-wing spot has to be upgraded at Xmas so if the club is going to see anything from its investment in Iwobi then he has to be given as shout in midfield at no.10. The bloke at Toffee TV said the same thing- and this time unusually he has a point.

Agree. 100%.

He does not have the speed or skill to hold down a front three spot. And the right-wing spot has to be upgraded at Xmas so if the club is going to see anything from its investment in Iwobi then he has to be given as shout in midfield at no.10. The bloke at Toffee TV said the same thing- and this time unusually he has a point.

I would even go with Godfrey alongside Allan with Doucoure pushed forward - anything has to be better than Sigurdsson and Gomes.

Cant stand either of them tbh - both slow cowardly crabs.

I would even go with Godfrey alongside Allan with Doucoure pushed forward - anything has to be better than Sigurdsson and Gomes.

Cant stand either of them tbh - both slow cowardly crabs.
The thing is that Iwobi has four more years and, in any case, there may be a good player lurking within.

Give Iwobi a few games at no.10 and lets see. The season is already resembling a typical Everton Premier experience...so nothing really to lose. Let's face it Iwobi is a bang average right-winger and a crap left-winger
and Gbamin won't be ready till January.

The thing is that Iwobi has four more years and, in any case, there may be a good player lurking within.

Give Iwobi a few games at no.10 and lets see. The season is already resembling a typical Everton Premier experience...so nothing really to lose. Let's face it Iwobi is a bang average right-winger and a crap left-winger
and Gbamin won't be ready till January.
Every time Iwobi has a half decent showing as a sub, he inevitably gets hauled off at half time next time he starts. Total conundrum for me, but he certainly looked okay the last couple of times he’s come off the bench.

No more 'wingers', as these turn out to be anodyne midfielders.

Wingers mean Dave Thomas, Ronnie Goodlass, Pat Nevin.

These type of players no longer exist.

Could probably still do a job ...

1604834036756.webp

Proper job ;)

I think there are some very good points on here (nice to see some calm discussion).

Not having Richarlison on the LHS has really hurt the James switch. The double teaming of him won't be as effective when the opposition have to spread to cover the other side of the pitch. At the moment we are so predictable because James is our only creative outlet.

I agree that selling Sigg, Delph and Gomes all is right and that we need Gbamin to come good and another one or two AM with pace.

Without Richarlison we are not dynamic at all.

I don't mind that shout of giving Godfrey a run in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back