Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the same way I look at BMWs then my bank account.

Im not making excuses by the way, I will say that again, Im not making excuses by the way, but I suspect the reason why we MIGHT not spend, will be that we have nothing to spend. But again, Im not making excuses by the way.

The plan seems right for me.

Lets be faiur, we can only spend because of Moshiri. He singularly allows us to do it. After what he's put in, if he doesn't want to this January, I'm not going to lose my head with him. He's earned some slack.

We are now following a clear procedure. We are not just throwing money around for the sake of it. That got us into the mess we are still trying to get out of. You can't just pick and choose when you are sensible with money. And being sensible with money means, paying the right fees, for the right players.

We have it on pretty good authority we have bid for at least 2 players. Caecido and Zirkzee. We may sign neither we could sign 1 or even 2. They clearly fit the "Brands" profile of players. So we can probably knock on the head the idea he does nothing.

As for the squad, we have players returning soon. The squad seems ok. I don't look at it and think we desperately need any positions. A backup to Dom is useful, but Richarlinson can do that role too.

I don't think there are many out there who automatically kick us on. Maybe Isco would be one. No idea on the availability.

This squad though, have basically got us to 3-5th in the league. With European games kicking in for our rivals, if we are fortunate, there's no reason we can't continue that.

We're not going to be able to solve our issues without a better standing. Europe provides said standing.

About 5 years ago I was reading up about something inconsequential and it said the worst place in the world to be was where we almost always are: fighting for Europe. Because you have to spend to stay there. If you want to be an also-ran who just make up the numbers it's a lot easier. Moshiri doesn't want to be there as shown by his spending.

A RB sure would be nice but having him back in Sept would have made more sense honestly. But the Madrid RB is available on loan. We obviously don't know whats going on but why does it constantly seem we just don't want to do anything in January? Even the loan market which seems to be going pretty well this year we still barely dabble in.
As far as RB is concerned I think Coleman did just enough for Carlo in his short time, now clearly hes become more injured and not as good, I think we also wanted rid of JJK, but sadly nobody bought.

Who is the Madrid RB?

Look at the table.

We've managed to get there based on some great runs and our manager is brilliant. But we're cobbling through.

We might be able to cobble through. But by Christ, we've got one striker.
I've said before if we don't get loans in we are absolute idiots, I don't agree with spending money in Jan, This window is utter garbage the prices are disgusting but Brands said in the AGM it's unlikely and people are still questioning it, The answer has already been determined.

I've said before if we don't get loans in we are absolute idiots, I don't agree with spending money in Jan, This window is utter garbage the prices are disgusting but Brands said in the AGM it's unlikely and people are still questioning it, The answer has already been determined.

Why do we do this every time we are in a solid position in January it’s boring.

Lets be faiur, we can only spend because of Moshiri. He singularly allows us to do it. After what he's put in, if he doesn't want to this January, I'm not going to lose my head with him. He's earned some slack.

We are now following a clear procedure. We are not just throwing money around for the sake of it. That got us into the mess we are still trying to get out of. You can't just pick and choose when you are sensible with money. And being sensible with money means, paying the right fees, for the right players.

We have it on pretty good authority we have bid for at least 2 players. Caecido and Zirkzee. We may sign neither we could sign 1 or even 2. They clearly fit the "Brands" profile of players. So we can probably knock on the head the idea he does nothing.

As for the squad, we have players returning soon. The squad seems ok. I don't look at it and think we desperately need any positions. A backup to Dom is useful, but Richarlinson can do that role too.

I don't think there are many out there who automatically kick us on. Maybe Isco would be one. No idea on the availability.

This squad though, have basically got us to 3-5th in the league. With European games kicking in for our rivals, if we are fortunate, there's no reason we can't continue that.
I honestly think people think Brands has set at home for the last 3 weeks saying "Nar cba with that", I've no doubt that hes working, looking, talking, nothing might not come of it, some people might say comeback in the summer, who knows.

We're not going to be able to solve our issues without a better standing. Europe provides said standing.

About 5 years ago I was reading up about something inconsequential and it said the worst place in the world to be was where we almost always are: fighting for Europe. Because you have to spend to stay there. If you want to be an also-ran who just make up the numbers it's a lot easier. Moshiri doesn't want to be there as shown by his spending.

A RB sure would be nice but having him back in Sept would have made more sense honestly. But the Madrid RB is available on loan. We obviously don't know whats going on but why does it constantly seem we just don't want to do anything in January? Even the loan market which seems to be going pretty well this year we still barely dabble in.

Exactly.

There's deals to be done.

Look at Milik. I'm not overly fussed, btw, as I think we need a different type of forward, but he's gone on an 18-month loan with a purchase obligation (but it's only based on certain clauses).

The lad Palace have just signed. Saw him come on late against Bayern and he was a handful. Quick, versatile and has been in good form this season. Signed on loan. Again, not crying that we're not in for him, just there are deals to be done and we just seem far too passive. It could make such a difference.

I just want us to TRY and take this opportunity with both hands. There's no guarantee a signing would get us top four, but it'd be so frustrating not to try.

As far as RB is concerned I think Coleman did just enough for Carlo in his short time, now clearly hes become more injured and not as good, I think we also wanted rid of JJK, but sadly nobody bought.

Who is the Madrid RB?

Odriozola – I assume he means. Was on loan at Bayern second half of last season. Lad's got pace to burn, gets up and down. Obviously the risk would be him being rusty.

We need to get away from this attitude. We must do.

We need a squad. A better squad.

What we need is not a back up for anybody. We need an option to give us different ways of playing and other players to call on or rotate.

Your logic here mate is the exact logic used - wrongly, and it was wrongly defended - at the end of the summer window. It immediately proved a stupid decision when Richarlison got suspended.

Christ, whoever is in charge of Reals transfers needs sacking.

Oh they've been garbage.

Odriozola is a pretty good player tbf, but another move that came way too early from Sociedad and Zidane is proper boring.

Bayern fans were pretty adamant he wasn't good enough for them but, y'know, they're the Das SPL Reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back