Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been told by someone we're looking at a winger named Kamaldeen Sulemana.

I have no clue who that is, and the source is barely a source, but thought I'd post here anyway because why not.

Linked with Bayer Leverkusen as Leon Bailey's replacement for around £10m.

Excellent prospect and the type of signing that I would expect.

Well, I just had a look through Fabs twitter, cos I'm sad like that, from him first mentioning certain deals, in some cases, they take 3 weeks or so before they become Here we go.

Come on, you know how transfers work, none are completed quickly.

I never meant we’d hear it’s done but we’ve heard nothing at all since. To me it just read that we’ve enquired about availability and that’s about it.

Do we even need to spend this sort of money though?

I mean Palace signed Eze for £18
million

WHU signed Bowen for £17 million and Soucek for £15 million

Palace just signed some CF on an 18 month loan deal

Ever since Moshiri came in fans think unless we are spending £25 million+ on a player there is no one in world football who we could scout and bring in to do a job - Moyes literally did this for a decade at the club.

Its why the love in for Brands for me is weird - Digne aside who was pretty established he's not once scouted some unknown decent player for a bargain fee.

Says the guy who wants us to jizz £60m on a 28 year old who's only ever scored in the double digits once in his whole career :coffee:

List of players you've just mentioned

Eze: looks okay hasn't set the world alight, has potential.

Bowen: has been tearing up the championship for the last few years. He wasnt some unknown master buy. Hes decent for West ham but he wouldn't be a starter for us.

Soucek: is a really good player and would walk into our midfield atm but he wasn't some unknown quantity he has been a Czech Republic international since 2016 and won Czech Republic footballer of the year in 2019.

Mateta: someone you know so little about you dont even know his name let alone if he's any good but deem him fit to try to use as a stick to beat the club with. Its also a 18 month loan which will turn into a obligation to buy after 15 starts. Considering last season he has a really bad injury to his knee. Maybe that isn't such a good deal for us.

So whats your point with these names? Out of all of them only one of them will fit into our first team and I wouldn't say any of them are complete unknown gems. So what are you moaning about?

Says the guy who wants us to jizz £60m on a 28 year old who's only ever scored in the double digits once in his whole career :coffee:

List of players you've just mentioned

Eze: looks okay hasn't set the world alight, has potential.

Bowen: has been tearing up the championship for the last few years. He wasnt some unknown master buy. Hes decent for West ham but he wouldn't be a starter for us.

Soucek: is a really good player and would walk into our midfield atm but he wasn't some unknown quantity he has been a Czech Republic international since 2016 and won Czech Republic footballer of the year in 2019.

Mateta: someone you know so little about you dont even know his name let alone if he's any good but deem him fit to try to use as a stick to beat the club with. Its also a 18 month loan which will turn into a obligation to buy after 15 starts. Considering last season he has a really bad injury to his knee. Maybe that isn't such a good deal for us.

So whats your point with these names? Out of all of them only one of them will fit into our first team and I wouldn't say any of them are complete unknown gems. So what are you moaning about?

That you dont need to spend £40 million on every decent player.

Bit obvious really

His hand picked cronies have spent the 4th highest in the premier in recent years and have Bramley Moore planned and carlo ancelotti

if Bill was the fool yiu are so desperate to make out, he’d have sold out years ago to the likes of venkys and we’d be in the lower leagues

He had Kirkby and the Kings Docks planned how did that end up wise guy?

Oh and the “could be worse we could be Pompey”.
Pro Bill bingo.

What we here to do in football? Win trophies?
Trophies since he has been Chairman? 0.

Failed end of story.

Did anyone notice today, that the penalty come from Thiago bottling a 50/50 aerial challenge? Didn't even compete, just ran past the player and allowed the Burnley lad to have a free pass into their box.

They are all hitting 30 at the same time too.

Compounded by signing another 29 year old 1 paced player in Thiago.

Its funny this world class player hasnt won a single game hes started yet isnt it?

Yes. He is overrated but I'd still say hes a very good player. Not world class though, and cant get away with being a 6 in this league.

On the downward slope mind and I'm not sure he justifies the 200k+ p/w wage.

He reminds me a big of Gundogan. Who's also a really good player, never never seems to get the same praise.

It's interesting that Bayern havent missed Thiago have they?

He’s a good player yes, but givens by they’ve played some very poor teams who have sat back and allowed him free reign, how many times has he put the ball into the most dangerous areas for a Liverpool striker to tap in? I can’t think of a single occasion. If any of those players on that list i did got given time on the edge of the area under no pressure whatsoever then they’d dismantle those types of defences. The sort of ball James played to Richarlison against West Brom, the two passes to Digne against Fulham, his through ball to Richarlison against West Ham, the through ball to DCL against Liverpool. James has punished the opposition at times. By the end of the game tonight Burnley were letting Thiago have the ball and making sure Joel Matip didn’t get on it as he was distributing it better!

Decent possession based midfielder, but he never has been world class and he isn’t world class now. World class players have the killer pass. He hasn’t played a single one in his time there yet.

He doesnt suit them whatsoever and i cant see him being effective as a 10 in their system either.

Funnily enough, i actually think with our 4 centre back system he'd be ideal for us sitting in front of our defence.

It would enable our midfield to play higher up the pitch while keeping the defensive solidity.

My guess is that we bring someone like that in, in the summer.

He doesnt suit them whatsoever and i cant see him being effective as a 10 in their system either.

Funnily enough, i actually think with our 4 centre back system he'd be ideal for us sitting in front of our defence.

It would enable our midfield to play higher up the pitch while keeping the defensive solidity.

My guess is that we bring someone like that in, in the summer.

We're signing Thiago and Gundogan in the summer. Whoop !!

He had Kirkby and the Kings Docks planned how did that end up wise guy?

Oh and the “could be worse we could be Pompey”.
Pro Bill bingo.

What we here to do in football? Win trophies?
Trophies since he has been Chairman? 0.

Failed end of story.
So, if we had won the carabao cup would you then declare him a success? Ignoring the Bramley Moore, huge investment, Ancelotti, James and Moshiri.

What if he had gone with someone like Venkys and we won the FA cup but were now in the 2nd tier with no money etc? A success?

Spurs have won one trophy since we won the FA cup, does that make Levy a failure?

Its a bit of a weird stance you have mate, let go of the hate for Bill.

So, if we had won the carabao cup would you then declare him a success? Ignoring the Bramley Moore, huge investment, Ancelotti, James and Moshiri.

What if he had gone with someone like Venkys and we won the FA cup but were now in the 2nd tier with no money etc? A success?

Spurs have won one trophy since we won the FA cup, does that make Levy a failure?

Its a bit of a weird stance you have mate, let go of the hate for Bill.

I put him on ignore mate. Utter whammo !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back