Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what the BBC and Sky and every announcer fapping over ever 5 yard square pass are saying he does not look like he fits in the league.
I think he’d be class for city, but he doesn’t fit in their team at all, mainly because he isn’t a flat track bully. Really good at recycling the play, but that isn’t really relevant when your entire game is based off hoofs in behind to your rapid forwards, and whacking in endless crosses into the area

Day 5: Of posting a picture of Marcel Brands until he sells or buys a player.
View attachment 115027
New picture for @nsno-chris
lol
At least he's not wearing that god awful shirt....or if he is it is covered up!

Well its a bit of a stupid point then because we don't need "decent" players. We need quality players that will improve us.

Maybe in the summer in terms of the first 11 - but whats lacking for me is having decent squad options.

Everton without europe isn't having a bench full of Man City type star players but we need better to call upon than the likes of Toshun, Bernard, Gylfi, Davies who are all poor players.

So many names bandied about on here and in the media makes one's head spin. Carlo likes experienced players, problem though with age, injury prone and limited playing life in Royal Blue. Brands likes young players with quality to bring on, Long playing life in Royal Blue, quick to recover from injury. So what is our choice of path to follow. Okay best choice is a combination of both. It is very difficult for both parties to find the right players so we have to be patient, not jump on crap like we have done.

You know how this goes, two games in hand two points behind will read same games and only 2 points behind. If you support Everton, you just know that is the outcome. :mad:
This season is a bit different though, isn't it.

We have Carlos and James. Forget everything you thought you knew about Everton

Reactions: msb
I think he’d be class for city, but he doesn’t fit in their team at all, mainly because he isn’t a flat track bully. Really good at recycling the play, but that isn’t really relevant when your entire game is based off hoofs in behind to your rapid forwards, and whacking in endless crosses into the area
I flicked it onto the Burnley Liverpool game and overhead steve mcmanaman say:
OoOoOOoHHhHH LoOk At ThAt No LoOk PaSs, He DoEsNt EvEn LoOk aT hIm, Let Me PuLl My PaNtS DoWn AnD WaNk To HiS BaLd HeAd!

So many names bandied about on here and in the media makes one's head spin. Carlo likes experienced players, problem though with age, injury prone and limited playing life in Royal Blue. Brands likes young players with quality to bring on, Long playing life in Royal Blue, quick to recover from injury. So what is our choice of path to follow. Okay best choice is a combination of both. It is very difficult for both parties to find the right players so we have to be patient, not jump on crap like we have done.
Fully agree. Acquisition of young, injury-prone, players is exactly the perfect compromise!

Clubs have cottoned onto Jan being a bad rip-off now, so I highly doubt there’ll be any major moves at all. Tends to be mainly loans with options/obligations to buy at the end of the season.

I think we might get that Zirkzee lad in if we can palm Cenk off on some poor mug, and maybe even a Sidibe-esque RB loan with an option, either for a young player or maybe a previously established RB who has lost his way and could maybe benefit from some Carlo magic. Even then, probably unlikely unless we get shot of JJK.

As always, I understand the frustrations of those who want us to sign major players for the run-in but the kind of cash you’d have to pay clubs to let go of their better players halfway through the season could further cripple us financially if the gamble doesn’t pay off. We’re doing well and, if we don’t manage to hold onto a European place, it won’t be because we didn’t sign Zaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back