Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do know who he is you buffoon. What are your foreign football credentials? Watch a bit on La Liga TV. To be fair Semra Hunter worth watching for alone but probably not your thing. He did OK at Sociedad. Probably part of Norways finest crop of youth for a while, Haaland and Hauge to name but a few. But not the messiah.
Did I say he’s the ‘messiah’? I said he would be a ‘quality loan’ which is true, please don’t start having a go at me next time please.

The player asked to leave because of Zidane's favoritism to other players

He joins a long list of players who have left or been loaned due to Zidane's favoritism

James
Bale
Regulion
Llorente
Morata
Jovic
Ceballos
Hakimi
Brahim Diaz

Apparently Militao is also going to be loaned out

In fairness apart from James Reguilon and Llorente the rest haven’t been upto much.

Zidane trusts the players who won him three CLs. Why wouldn’t you? Varane Ramos Modric Kroos Benzema Marcelo. Some of the greatest players in their history.

Depends on the player and is there an obligation to sign up, then if it is a loan does not room have to be made in the squad? i,e. players demoted.
Thats where we should look at the elite clubs, and whose fell out with the team, due to manager or whatnot, best clubs are probably Barca or Madrid.

Aside from all the abuse being exchanged above, should the thread be closed down as Carlo clearly said no incomings or outgoings? He said the squad is good enough given that two or three absentee players will become fit sooner than later. Don't want to spoil the fun of course but.....

In fairness apart from James Reguilon and Llorente the rest haven’t been upto much.

Zidane trusts the players who won him three CLs. Why wouldn’t you? Varane Ramos Modric Kroos Benzema Marcelo. Some of the greatest players in their history.

Marcelo is past it to the point of being a liability. I think they've lost all 10 games they've played when he has started. Valverde was key to their league title last year. I love Luka Modric but Valverde has to play. Odengaard can't even get rotation minutes yet Isco, Asensio play. Kroos needs a rest every now and then. Varane has also regressed massively.

Zidane won with Carlo's team and has failed to integrate any new pieces and keeps running players out of town.

The issue is not that he doesn't bench the legends completely, is that he doesn't even attempt to play these guys. Martin has played 7 minutes in 7 matches.

Last edited:
Marcelo is past it to the point of being a liability. I think they've lost all 10 games they've played. Valverde was key to their league title last year. I love Luka Modric but Valverde has to play. Odengaard can even get rotation minutes yet Isco, Asensio play. Kroos needs a rest every now and then. Varane has also regressed massively.

Zidane won with Carlo's team and has failed to integrate any new pieces and keeps running players out of town.

The issue is not that he doesn't bench the legends completely, is that he doesn't even attempt to play these guys. Martin has played 7 minutes in 7 matches.
Nice analysis.
Add in that they haven't replaced Ronaldo , Benzema is past his best and Hazard has bombed.

Typical Everton we back limited managers to the hilt then as soon as we get a top class one in with us having a chance of a top 6 finish we decide to close the chequebook.

A loan move makes perfect sense when you look at our options in midfield.
James, Doucoure, Allan and Godfrey have all been brought in for decent fees/big wages in the last year. There is only so much that can be done when we have such a bloated and expensive squad already. Think we will struggle to challenge for the title, you are right that we might struggle squad wise, but we should be able to challenge for the last couple of CL spaces imo, as long as we don't get too many bad/long term injuries to the wrong players.

It’s bad we’re not bringing anyone in, but it’s also a bit disconcerting that we can’t offload a lot of rubbish
We should be at least releasing Besic and Bolasie early as their contracts are up in the summer anyway

Problem with shifting Tosun or Bernard is not the buyer but the wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back