Everton News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton’s Jagielka expecting ’emotional’ send off for Howard via NSNO

Everton's Phil Jagielka believes goalkeeper Tim Howard's final appearance for the Blues will be one wrought with emotion.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

David Moyes open to Everton return as former Manchester United boss admits ‘I would be really interested’ in rebuilding club via Daily Mail

Moyes spent more than a decade in charge at Goodison Park, taking over a side perennially fighting relegation and turning them into a top six club.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Blues to play in Dresden Cup as part of pre-season via NSNO

Everton will take part in the Dresden Cup as part of the pre-season preparations under a new manager for the next Premier League campaign.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Frank de Boer takes Ajax training in China after opening talks over Everton vacancy via Daily Mail

Frank de Boer led his Ajax players in training on Saturday, the day after opening talks with Everton over their managerial vacancy. The former Holland star will leave the Dutch club next week.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

David Moyes open to Everton return via Royal Blue Mersey

GettyImages-168608609.0.jpg

Former boss doesn't rule out dramatic return to Goodison Park

Three years after leaving the club for Manchester United, David Moyes admits he would be open to a return to Everton.

The Toffees are once again on the hunt for a new manager after Roberto Martinez's sacking on Thursday, with Moyes quickly installed as one of the favourites for the job.

When asked whether he would be open to a dramatic return, Moyes said:

"Would I consider going back? I've said if I get an exciting challenge and something that makes me feel I could get my teeth into it then I would be really interested.

"When we took over we had 11 great and successful years but we also had to rebuild the club a little bit. I just think now the change has been made and Everton need to now go and do it again.

"If you give David Moyes an opportunity he tends to rebuild a club and he tends to get it going in the right direction and making sure that things are correct and I'm looking forward to getting the chance to do that again."

The Scot spent 11 years in charge on Merseyside, joining in 2002 with the club struggling at the bottom of the table, up to their eyeballs in debt and with an ageing squad.

Moyes slowly managed to rebuild the side and transform it into a resilient outfit regularly finishing in the top eight of the Premier League, despite operating on a shoestring budget.

When Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013 Moyes, who had allowed his contract to run down at Goodison, was appointed his successor.

The majority of supporters were disappointed to see him leave but felt that a change was good for both parties, with Moyes' rigid style of football beginning to grate with some.

That's why a return to the Toffees hotseat would feel like a step backwards for all concerned, though there is part of me that wonders how he would get on with substantial funds to play with – Moyes regularly had to sell-to-buy during his first spell in charge.

After the frustration of the Martinez era the fans are also looking for a name that will galvanise the club, give everyone a lift and stoke some excitement.

I'm not sure David Moyes would do that.

Is David Moyes the answer? Have your say in the comments below!

Poll

Should David Moyes return as Everton manager?

• Yes – lets see how he does with some cash
  • No way – he's had his time

0 votes | Results

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back