Everton News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Euro 2016: England vs. Wales start time, TV Schedule and live stream for Thursday/day 7 via Royal Blue Mersey

539422348.0.jpg

Will John Stones or Ross Barkley get on the pitch?

This is a big one for the Three Lions. They currently sit in third place of Group B, behind this Welsh team and Slovakia. A win for England today would push them to the top of the group and put them in control of their own destiny. A draw or loss would put them into some trouble.

Both John Stones and Ross Barkley were unused substitutes in England's opening game. Can the Everton duo get on the field this time?

For Wales, you have plenty of star power there, being led by Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey. Plus, these two nations have a little rivalry going on and the traveling England fans have already gotten into some fights with other fans, especially the Russians. This is a juicy one.

Sit back and relax the Thursday action of Euro 2016…

Euro 2016

England vs. Wales

Match Details

Date and Time: Thursday, June 16 at 9 a.m. EST in USA

Stadium: Stade Bollaert-Delelis, Lens Agglo, France

Capacity: 38,223

How to Watch

TV: ESPN, ESPN Deportes – US

BBC One, S4C, BBC Wales – UK

Radio: ESPN Deportes, SiriusXM FC – US

BBC Radio 5, TalkSport Radio – UK

Live stream: ESPN3, Watch ESPN App, BBC iPlayer

Northern Ireland vs. Ukraine

Match Details

Date and Time: Thursday, June 16 at 12:00 p.m. EST in USA

Stadium: Stade de Lyon, Lyon, France

Capacity: 59,186

How to Watch

ITV 1, STV Scotland, BBC Northern Ireland – UK

TalkSport Radio, BBC Radio 5 – UK

Live stream: ESPN3, Watch ESPN App, ITV Hub

Germany vs. Poland

Match Details

Date and Time: Thursday, June 16 at 3:00 p.m. EST in USA

Stadium: Stade de France, Saint-Denis, France

Capacity: 81,338

How to Watch

ITV 1, STV Scotland – UK

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Copa America Quarterfinal: United States vs. Ecuador start time, TV schedule and live stream via Royal Blue Mersey

usa-today-9335945.0.jpg

The winner heads to the semi’s of Copa America Centario

Somehow, someway, the United States men’s national team won Group A of Copa America Centario. It was a group that included world powers Colombia, led by James Rodriguez, as well as Costa Rica, who nearly made it to the semi-finals of the 2014 World Cup, plus Paraguay, a squad the US had not beaten since 2003. Say what you want about this competition as a whole, winning that group is a big deal for the Americans.

Jurgen Klinnsman, whose seat was extremely hot heading into the tournament, has likely already met expectations. A win today would give him some breathing room until the 2018 World Cup, provided the Yanks qualify out of CONCACAF.

Today, they face an Ecuador squad that is talented, but surely beatable. They have a few big names: Enner Valencia (West Ham), Antonio Valencia (Manchester United), Jefferson Montero (Swansea) and Carlos Paredes (Watford), and will likely maintain most of the possession in this game. But, as usually, the US has an advantage in size and will look to score on set pieces and the counter.

The crowd could be a huge factor. The match is being played in Seattle, possibly the most soccer-crazed city in the United States, and it is at the stadium of the MLS’s Sounders and the NFL’s Seahawks, who routinely are lauded for having the loudest supporters in their respective leagues. This should be a fun one!

United States vs. Ecaudor

Match Details

Date and Time: Thursday, June 16 at 9:30 p.m. EST in USA

Stadium: CenturyLink Field, Seattle, Washington, United States

Capacity: 67,000

How to Watch

TV: Fox Sports 1, Univision, Unimas – US

Premier Sports – UK

Radio: Futbol de Primera – US

Not listed – UK

Live stream: Fox Sports GO, Fox Soccer 2GO, fuboTV, Univision Deportes

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Everton submit Goodison Park refurbishment plans via Royal Blue Mersey

Goodison_20concept_203.0.jpg

Stadium to get a facelift over the summer

Everton announced yesterday that they had sent plans for a refurbishment of Goodison Park to the Liverpool City Council. We understand that this is not a sign of the club giving up on a new stadium for the Blues, but a short-term move to appease the fans as well as part of the rebranding of the team under new majority owner Farhad Moshiri and new manager Ronald Koeman.

The news with initial concept pictures was released on the Everton FC website, and indicate cladding added to both ends of the Main Stand as well as a new cladded tower on the Bullens Road side of the Park Stand.

Goodison%20concept%201.jpg
Everton Football Club

Goodison concept 1
Goodison%20concept%202.jpg
Everton Football Club

Goodison concept 2
Goodison%20concept%203.jpg
Everton Football Club

Goodison concept 3

From the images we can also see a wraparound video banner that will go around the Main Stand, as well as the Gwladys Street and Bullens Road Stands. Designs for this are still in the infancy stage and the images shown here are only for visual purposes.

Local firm Condy Lofthouse Architects submitted the concepts, which also include new signage at the Park Stand and rebranding on the internal concourses. Most of the work is scheduled to be finished before the start of the new season.

Fans will be well pleased to hear that the club's legendary trio of players Howard Kendall , Colin Harvey and Alan Ball will be immortalized with a statue of the Holy Trinity within the stadium grounds.

The Blues are still in conversation with the Council and other involved parties over two possible sites for the new stadium, the Central Docks or Stonebridge Cross in Croxteth.

What do you think of the proposed appearance changes for Goodison?

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Leicester, Everton and West Ham chase Milan forward M’Baye Niang via The Guardian

• Several clubs chasing Frenchman, whom Leicester targeted in January
• City also interested in loan move for Juventus midfielder Mario Lemina
Leicester City, Everton and West Ham United are among several Premier League clubs weighing up an official offer for the Milan forward M’Baye Niang.

The Frenchman, 21, was the subject of a €16m bid from Claudio Ranieri’s Leicester in January but that was rejected by Milan. However, with the president, Silvio Berlusconi, still in negotiations with a Chinese group of investors over the sale of the club, the forward who scored five goals in 15 Serie A starts is expected to be allowed to leave for slightly less than that figure after expressing a desire to move to England.

Related: Football transfer rumours: Robert Lewandowski to Liverpool?

Continue reading…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Euro 2016: start times, TV Schedule and live stream for Friday/Day 8 via Royal Blue Mersey

539875668.0.jpg

Italy vs. Sweden, Czech Republic vs. Croatia, Spain vs. Turkey

Wow, big day at Euro 2016 yesterday! England did a very un-English thing, winning the game late thanks to a Daniel Sturridge stoppage time goal to make it 2-1 over Wales, take the three points and now sit atop Group B.

In Group C, Ukraine was eliminated after a somewhat surprising 2-0 loss to Northern Ireland. And Poland drew with World Champion Germany in the late match. While nothing is decided in that group yet, the most likely outcome there would seem to be Germany finish first in the group with Poland second, but crazier things have happened.

Today, we have a lot of stars on display. Let’s go!

Euro 2016

Italy vs. Sweden

Match Details

Date and Time: Friday, June 17 at 9 a.m. EST in USA

Stadium: Stadium de Toulouse, Toulouse, France

Capacity: 35,472

How to Watch

ITV1, STV Scotland – UK

BBC Radio 5, TalkSport Radio – UK

Czech Republic vs. Croatia

Match Details

Date and Time: Friday, June 17 at 12:00 p.m. EST in USA

Stadium: Stade Geoffroy Guichard, Saint-Etienne, France

Capacity: 41,138

How to Watch

BBC One UK – UK

Live stream: ESPN3, Watch ESPN App

Spain vs. Turkey

Match Details

Date and Time: Friday, June 17 at 3:00 p.m. EST in USA

Stadium: Stade de Nice, Nice, France

Capacity: 35,624

How to Watch

ITV 1, STV Scotland – UK

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Koeman wants titles, European football with Everton via Royal Blue Mersey

Koeman_20Kenwright.0.jpg

Ronald Koeman met the press for the first time earlier today as the manager of Everton, and immediately stated that he was at the club to win. He spoke of the history of the Toffees, and how he wanted to start by improving the team’s record at Goodison Park.

That is all from @RonaldKoeman, but you can watch back his entire press conference on demand here: https://t.co/krQXDT5VCO #WelcomeRonald

— Everton (@everton) June 17, 2016

The press conference got underway with a question about his departure from Southampton, but Koeman got past that quickly –

“I’ll keep it short because the most important thing is to look forward and not back in life and football.

“After the season I met with the board and the first option was to go into the last year of my contract and that was not possible. I said I can’t do that. There was no way I was signing a new contract and we did not agree.

“Throughout that whole story Everton was showing interest and Southampton gave me the permission to talk to Everton. I’m now the new Everton manager and that’s all I want to say about Southampton.

“Thanks to them for two fantastic seasons; thanks to the players, thanks to the staff and thanks to the fans. I’m at Everton now.”

The manager continued, expressing his admiration for Everton and his plans for the future –

"To be involved in this great big project for the next couple of years is fantastic and a big feeling.

"Everybody knows the history of Everton. It's a big history and it's nice to be part of that, to win and play European football and win titles. Everyone is ready to take the next step and I'm one of them.

"Every manager has his own style, I like the fans to enjoy it but I also like to win the game. I'm not a coach or a manager to wait. I play to win the game, it's the style I like, it's the spirit we like to have in the team. That's the way how I want to manage Everton."

He then went on to speak about his interest in keeping his young stars like Romelu Lukaku, Ross Barkley and John Stones at Everton.

“I’ve not spoken to Romelu yet. I’ll do this press conference and then I’m starting to work about Everton and of course I will talk to several players.

“Lukaku is a key player a goalscorer and you don’t want to lose one of your best players. He’s a young player who needs support and to improve. We like to keep that type of player.”

Koeman was asked if he would try to keep Stones and help him improve, the youngster being a ball-playing central defender like he once was –

“I like to help everybody and of course you sometimes have something more because he played in the same position as me.

“There will be good support for the boy but first I want to speak to him personally, get his feelings and that will be what we do.

“It’s not so difficult. I had that experience in my last two years always a lot of interest in the players.

“First of all we like to keep these types of players. You don’t sell you best players but I’ll have meetings and we’ll see what happens.”

Bill Kenwright also spoke about his excitement regarding Koeman’s signing –

"He made his impression before we met him.

"When we said goodbye to Roberto – a sad day – he was the first name of mine and Farhad's lips. He's very much the choice of the board, and from what I gather, a big choice of Evertonians.

"I've told him I've seldom felt so much unison in the fanbase. He says all the right things, I'm impressed! He has our total support and we're really behind him, we are really grateful he has joined Everton.”

What are your thoughts on Koeman and what he said today?

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Kenwright: Koeman Was Always Everton’s Number One Target via NSNO

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has revealed that Ronald Koeman was always the number one choice to become the club's new manager.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Koeman: I Will Speak to Lukaku and Stones About Futures via NSNO

Everton's new manager Ronald Koeman has stated he will talk to stars Romelu Lukaku and John Stones before making a decision over where their futures lie.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back