Everton News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton want quick resolution to John Stones potential exit via Royal Blue Mersey

504664066.0.jpg

The Blues are keen to avoid another transfer saga like last summer

According to the Daily Mail, Everton want a quick solution to the John Stones potential exit from the club.

The Blues defender has been linked with an exit for several months, with Manchester City among those particularly keen on him.

New manager Pep Guardiola is thought to view the England international as the perfect addition to his new look City defence.

So far no offer has been made for him, with Everton thought to be holding out for as much as £50 million for their man.

That is a price that even City are reluctant to pay and instead they are hoping to negotiate a player plus cash deal for the defender.

Talks are on-going, but according to the Daily Mail, Everton are determined to get them concluded as quickly as possible.

The club, Ronald Koeman and the player are keen to avoid another drawn out transfer saga like the one they dealt with last summer when Chelsea were keen on his services.

With them standing firm on their asking price though, the onus is very much on Manchester City to get the deal done quickly.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Everton complete Steve Walsh capture via Royal Blue Mersey

walsh.0.jpg

The Blues have completed a move to make the Leicester City man their Director of Football

Everton have completed a deal with Leicester City for scout Steve Walsh, according to the Daily Mail.

The Blues had targeted the Foxes man earlier last week and saw their initial approach for his services rejected by the Premier League champions.

However, Walsh was keen on the move and personally asked Leicester City owners the Srivaddhanaparabha family to sanction the switch.

They eventually let him talk to the Toffees and the Daily Mail report he has made the move, with the Foxes expected to demand compensation for their man.

He will take up the newly created Director of Football role at Goodison Park, with the hope being he will be the link between the board and manager Ronald Koeman.

The Dutchman has worked with a Director of Football throughout his managerial career and was keen to get a similar set up created on Merseyside.

With Walsh now appointed, he will be hoping that they can step up their pursuit of players this summer.

So far Maarten Stekelenburg is the only new face to arrive but Koeman is eager to get several new signings secured.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

New Feature: GrandOldTeam on WhatsApp via GrandOldTeam

GOTWhatsApp-150x150.png

GrandOldTeam is now on WhatsApp!

If you use the popular mobile messaging app WhatsApp, you can now opt in to receive messages from GrandOldTeam.

To begin receiving our messages on WhatsApp, simply follow the instruction on the below;

If you can’t see the above widget – follow the below 2 steps;

1. Create a new contact for our number +49 1579 2353917.
2. Send “Start” to this contact via WhatsApp.

And you’ll be all set. COYB!

More ways to connect…

The post New Feature: GrandOldTeam on WhatsApp appeared first on GrandOldTeam.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Liverpool Mayor “blown away” by Moshiri via GrandOldTeam

joeanderson-150x150.png

Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson has never been “never been more optimistic” about Everton’s future and admits to having been “blown away” by Farhad Moshiri and claims the scope of his ambition is vast.

The Mayor of Liverpool spent time with Farhad Moshiri and Bill Kenwright at their London office on Tuesday and he told the Liverpool Echo, he was hugely impressed with the Iranian-born billionaire.

He said: “From that meeting as both the Mayor of Liverpool and an Evertonian I was absolutely filled with more optimism than ever and a sense the future is very bright for the club.

“I was blown away by his passion and commitment.

“Mr Moshiri understands how much investment Everton require both on and off the pitch. The scope of his ambition is vast.

“Make no mistake about it – he is here to make Everton a success story. His vision is not just about new players and a new stadium it’s fundamentally transforming the club at every level. He wants to make Everton a global player but also realises the importance of its role in the community and this city.

“Likewise he mentioned the importance of the academy and nurturing local players as we have always done so well. The future is bright.

“It’s clear he is not just here for the short-term. It’s about securing the club’s future.”

On the subject of Everton’s new stadium – Anderson said: “Farhad and Bill Kenwright are looking at all options, which you would expect them to.

“They will have my support and I’ll help in every way I can.

“I’ll do whatever I can to help them make the Dock work or prepare an alternative which means the club has a world class new home.”

The post Liverpool Mayor “blown away” by Moshiri appeared first on GrandOldTeam.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Joe Anderson: Everton’s Future Bright Under Moshiri via NSNO

Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson has lauded Everton majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri's passion and innovation in taking the club forward.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back