Everton on TV in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it is on the FSC and not just Fox.tv..... I hope Fox gave same cash to Everton as well.....

Latest from Grant Wahl: FOX finalizing details on where it would show Everton-Fulham, Fri, 3 pm ET. FSC has easily-subbed canned content there now. Could go online.

FOX is going to make money either way (people signing up for FSC or people signing up for FS.tv), so I hope they don't just put this online, that would suck.

My guess? They do both and get folks that are willing to pay for either. That'd be the smart thing to do. I hope they don't use this game as a way to drub up subscriptions for foxsoccer.tv.

Friday’s match will kick off at 3pm ET on FOX Soccer. Meanwhile, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go will be broadcasting Watford against Tottenham Hotspur beginning at 2:45pm ET.

Huzzah

Really?

FOX.jpg

SoccerInsider Steven Goff
American announcers, JP Dellacamera and Eric Wynalda, will call Everton-Fulham FA Cup match Friday at 3 pm ET on Fox Soccer Channel

From MLSsoccer.com:

Even Fox Soccer has #LDvCD fever.

The soccer channel announced on Wednesday that it will shuffle its programming lineup for Friday to allow for the live broadcast of the FA Cup fourth-round match between Landon Donovan's Everton and Clint Dempsey's Fulham from Goodison Park beginning at 3 pm ET.

Not only will Fox Soccer show the match, but it will also have JP Dellacamera and Eric Wynalda cover commentary duties, a first for an FA Cup match on the channel.

According to the network, discussions with Everton and the English FA held this week allowed for the live HD broadcast of the anticipated single-elimination contest. American goalkeeper Tim Howard also plays for Everton.

Fox Soccer had originally scheduled "The Magic of the FA Cup" for the two-hour time slot beginning at 3 pm ET. Fans would have seen the "ultimate goal collection" of Manchester City and Tottenham in FA Cup history.

Something tells us that the Everton vs. Fulham match will do a little better in the ratings department.

Everton vs. Fulham, Friday, January 27 at 3pm EDT (LIVE) on FSC.

Everton vs. Manchester City, Tuesday, January 31 at 3pm EDT (LIVE) on FSC.

For those of you that still have a discrepancy on the time of the game (tivo still says 3pm Pacific) and are DVRing, the game is re-airing at 8pm (Pacific).

EDIT: Wait, Tivo might be off - replay at 5 pacific maybe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back