Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
it more than annoyed me it devastated me I can except him leaving but not that, theres no justifying the departure after that...remember 'once a Blue always a Blue" He's born and raised in liverpool, a local, raised up an evertonian, one of our own ffs...ok go and play where you will but dont comeback and spit bile in our faces and expect it to be forgiven and forgotten just because you back now MR wonderful.. no on my watch

Your watch only started today......

No.

He was from the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland and thus had British citizenship:
View attachment 38607

George Best is Irish mate. UK citizen too mind. Bestie always referred to himself as Irish. Him and Eric McMordie were the two "Irish lads" in Manchester. The players looked after the "Irish lads". If you'd have seen the documentary only the other week you'd have known this.

Best came from the Cregagh estate in east Belfast: staunch Unionist area, plus he had Orangemen as relatives. So you'd expect him to be red white and blue to the core. Never was which I suppose is a surprise. His immediate family were decent folk and had no time for bigotry on either side which is probably why he's different. Intelligent lad too (passed eleven plus when it was rare). He said shortly before his death his dream was a united Ireland team, "I hope to see it in my lifetime."

The closest comparison I can think of today is Andy Murray, Scot first.

In his defence, we did give him the mother of all hard times on his early returns. I was there, I saw it and partook. Just a kid retaliating to that.

He wouldn't have reacted that way if he didn't love Everton as well.

Water under the bridge for me, that.
Sensible post. You must be over the age of 18. That is, an adult.

Rooney's social media output has picked up some pace over the last few days. I mentioned the other day if you check what he's liked on Twitter he is clearly buzzing to be back.

Here is his latest.

I have my doubts due to his recent decline, but you can obviously see how happy he has been the last 2 days (he didn't smile this much all last season at united) and is really motivated to do well. For a man who has won everything in the game, I believe him when he said winning a trophy with Everton would be the pinnacle.

guess we will have to wait and see... if scores the winner in the derby I suppose some forgiveness might permeate its way back in be hard not to..or if we win a trophy and he plays a big part, but its rather conveinent that we now have money to entice him would he have come if we were as financially strapped as we have been couple of years ago...in all honesty I would have preferred he went to china or somewhere else.. and for us not to be his next club.... theres a feeling like we are his easy option his get out of jail free card as Manu no longer require him and he can create/improve his legacy at Goodison...
Mate, 80 people in a fire on a London tower block a few weeks ago. Football and footballer-hating really isn't that important.

Rooney's social media output has picked up some pace over the last few days. I mentioned the other day if you check what he's liked on Twitter he is clearly buzzing to be back.

Here is his latest.

nbfcdt.png

United fans starting to turn judging by that comment at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back