Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
nbfcdt.png

United fans starting to turn judging by that comment at the top.
He's got to remember, he's an Everton fan coming back to the only club he genuinely loves (although at times you wouldn't have thought so, but that is water under the bridge).
Similarly lukaku, can't wait to play for the biggest club, best stadium and best fans in the world. Even though he has barely played in front of those fans, bar once a season. I can guarantee lukaku, their away fans won't be any more vocal and supportive than our away fans.

Did he wear Everton pyjamas the same night he slid across the Goodison turf after he scored yet another goal against Everton?

This claptrap is pitiful. He walked out on the club when his career had barely started and gave his best to a rival club. He's United's record goalscorer but there won't be any statue/stand for him. Him saying this stuff makes no sense because it just further alienates himself from United (he's never been loved there anyway), and its just empty words here. I think hes taking advantage of the club's unique hold on players being "one of us" (can't think of any other club having somethjng similar as a player being "an Evertonian" regardless of where they play); there is no other club that would have treated him like this.

He's a great signing IMO, the quality is there, but all this other stuff is nonsense.

Mate, 80 people in a fire on a London tower block a few weeks ago. Football and footballer-hating really isn't that important.
Two very different things by the way.... but to use your own reasoning it's only football so it's just a very minor back of the bus staring into the back of his head type of hatred FYI I never said I hate I said I don't forgive or forget

Give the guy a break, yes he did those things against us. but he was being paid 300k a week to win every football trophy out there. cant blame him for enjoying that. Maybe not kiss the badge like he did, but give the guy a mistake. Clearly he loves everton, as we all do. But would i have quadrupled my pay slip to play for them and do the same, badge kissing apart, absolutely

I am still a bit divided in him coming back tbh. That will all be forgotten if he does well with us. One thing i will stick up for him about is, People are talking about him as though he only will be here for like, 1 season. He is not as old as they think.

I am still a bit divided in him coming back tbh. That will all be forgotten if he does well with us. One thing i will stick up for him about is, People are talking about him as though he only will be here for like, 1 season. He is not as old as they think.

When was the last striker to play in the prem at a top level for more than 10 years though? Owen lasted 10, Fowler the same. Wright started late so was good past thirty. Shearer ditto, maybe 11 years. Cole, Yorke, etc etc.

Just feels like 10 years is burnout time for strikers. Maybe because of the turn of pace, or something else. Wayne started declining at about 27 or 28 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back