Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Unless Philips is a lower cost loan its not worth it. We could get a younger player who could develop for his price. Who would become a asset in the future. Philips could go either way could be a Barry or a Delph.

I am fine with moving on from Gnonto if we can't or won't pay what Leeds want. But we still need someone of his profile if we are looking elsewhere and we have been trying to get someone of this type, who is effective for years. We still lack pace. Using Ndiaye on the wings might be playing him out of position as Marseille did.

No I wouldn't think so. Been with Napoli and Frankfurt, a Danish international. I think he is a promising signing, but he wasn't under the radar in Europe.
So you would rather us sign Axel Oskar Andresson from KR Rekjavic, purely because he would be an unknown player?

I think why I'm apprehensive about Phillips is not even last season's debacle at west ham more the calimitous displays he's putting on during man city's recent exhibition matches its not that he hasn't been superb as its just training but the fact he looks so woefully out of sorts

Problem is mate, even considering Philips means it's not gonna be a low cost loan.

West ham payed a total 6.7m for him for Jan-May.
For example we are paying less than 5m for Lindstrom

If City just matched last year's deal they did with west ham the loan would cost 9.7m for the season (that's assuming they accept the same fee for a full season as they did for half)

In no way will Philips be a cheap loan deal

Ndiaye failed last year for sure he was played as a winger - if Philips had been getting played at left back for city of course I'd also ignore him failing.
Personally I think City would be happy with no fee and just getting his wages off the books.

His time at West Ham massively impacts his value or perceived value in the market. As such, if I were Man City and had him on a contract for another 2/3 years or whatever it is - I would want him to go somewhere this season he can get regular games (us more than Villa) and hope with game time he improves to the point someone will pay £10-15m for him next summer (i.e. Leeds if they do come back up).

Personally I think City would be happy with no fee and just getting his wages off the books.

His time at West Ham massively impacts his value or perceived value in the market. As such, if I were Man City and had him on a contract for another 2/3 years or whatever it is - I would want him to go somewhere this season he can get regular games (us more than Villa) and hope with game time he improves to the point someone will pay £10-15m for him next summer (i.e. Leeds if they do come back up).
His wages are huge they would have to be paying half if not more

Problem is mate, even considering Philips means it's not gonna be a low cost loan.

West ham payed a total 6.7m for him for Jan-May.
For example we are paying less than 5m for Lindstrom

If City just matched last year's deal they did with west ham the loan would cost 9.7m for the season (that's assuming they accept the same fee for a full season as they did for half)

In no way will Philips be a cheap loan deal

Ndiaye failed last year for sure he was played as a winger - if Philips had been getting played at left back for city of course I'd also ignore him failing.
My friend who is a West Ham season ticket holder is adamant they paid an £8m loan fee and then paid 75% of his wages on top, I cannot see how any team pays actual money for him after witnessing his performances for the last couple of years now. I’m not advocating Philips signing because he is absolutely miles off a Premier league player, looks like he needs a reboot abroad but I think it would be a very cheap loan just to get him as far away from the Etihad as possible

Last edited:
Someone will do it mate, there's enough who will look at him at Leeds and hope.

One thing to remember - the big clubs often can shift fringe posters on the club and players former rep, and excuses will always be made.

Example.

He's not good enough for city, but none of ours are either, or he failed at west ham cos moyes rushed him and the team knew the manager was gone seasons end. The fringe older players city move on that succeed are normally if not always those who contributed abs were rated by the manager (Barry the classic example also zinchenko)
Agree 100% here, hope it’s not Everton.

His wages are huge they would have to be paying half if not more
If he is on £150,000 as I have seen mentioned elsewhere then I can't see Everton agreeing to pay more than half of that myself and quite right too.

We should be pitching it to City as us putting him in the shop window for them in a style of play that is probably better suited to him than Villa and he will get game time so his fitness and match sharpness should improve to some extent.

At the minute, everyone is remembering him displays for West Ham and Pep's comments about his size so he is almost impossible to shift for them permanently until next season.

With the injury to Thiago at Brentford, perhaps we can offload Maupay, even if just a loan. As to Phillips, I don't want him anywhere near our club, I'm sure we can do much better on lower wages.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back