Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Obviously we still want to bring a couple in but we don’t need a big squad. The reality is we will play 38 league games & probably a handful of cup games if we’re lucky.
Unless we shift some of the deadwood - Holgate, Maupay, etc, we won’t be bringing in another 4/5.

Look at our squad and the players who are realistically good enough to play any number of games we severely lack depth

Yeah I'm on the fence about how to go about pre season, there's certain sports where you have notorious great pre season teams who flop in the season (the NFL is renowned for some of those) the thinking bring if you are playing a blinder in ore season you've actually 'peaked' the players too early, same eith boxing and certain boxers being known as gym champions as they do all their best work in sparring etc and come fight night are drained

I've done the odd pre season (many years ago). A couple of coaches involved has worked in football, and the higher the level of involvement, the less they were interested in results.

I think Dyche is old school like that. He wants to build fitness, and is not massively worried about performances.

We were rubbish last season too, but fine when the season started. I've never worried if we win, lose or draw during pre season. Back when I started watching football you didn't even know what the scores were.

I hope he is getting them fit and ready to do go the opening game of the season.

I've done the odd pre season (many years ago). A couple of coaches involved has worked in football, and the higher the level of involvement, the less they were interested in results.

I think Dyche is old school like that. He wants to build fitness, and is not massively worried about performances.

We were rubbish last season too, but fine when the season started. I've never worried if we win, lose or draw during pre season. Back when I started watching football you didn't even know what the scores were.

I hope he is getting them fit and ready to do go the opening game of the season.
We will be fit, we also know we will have 25% possession and play terrible football , maybe we score first and have a chance to get a result, who knows

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back