Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Tonight was shocking no doubt but the players looked shattered, Coventry start their season earlier than us, are a good team and we are missing proper central defenders.

The worry is that our attackers still look clueless at creating chances but I don’t think we concede any of those goals with a full strength team.

Like most things in life, it’s never as bad as you think
As to your last sentence
I’m assuming you have never met my wife

Pickford and at least 3 of our starting back 4 (assuming Patterson still isn’t getting a sniff) absent, along with our new CB who would, at a minimum be cover in place of one of the clowns who started tonight. Jesper to come in for Harrison I’d assume, as well.

Don’t get me wrong, that XI still should have won tonight, but it’s not the catastrophe many seem to think. Dyche has just beasted the players physically as well, which is not going to be the case before any future games.

This part of preseason is all about fitness. Let’s save our moaning for when we’re crap in all of our league games.

Pickford and at least 3 of our starting back 4 (assuming Patterson still isn’t getting a sniff) absent, along with our new CB who would, at a minimum be cover in place of one of the clowns who started tonight. Jesper to come in for Harrison I’d assume, as well.

Don’t get me wrong, that XI still should have won tonight, but it’s not the catastrophe many seem to think. Dyche has just beasted the players physically as well, which is not going to be the case before any future games.

This part of preseason is all about fitness. Let’s save our moaning for when we’re crap in all of our league games.
Harrison, McNeil and doucoure start the first game 100%

Community chest….

Bill kenwright has been appointed chairman…. Mortgage all your property and then pay 80% of your total “worth” to the other players…

Then go to jail
This is a fun game and the options are endless.

"Refuse to sell any of your properties unless some mad Iranian accountant comes calling and offers to buy your properties for 200% of asking price while still letting you live there"

"Appoint a CEO of a large commercial entity who only has experience of running a charity because Unsy said shes a top girl"

"Sign so many number 10s that you have to cast one of them as James in the remake of the technicolour dreamcoat"

Very true mate. But look, we are rebuilding aren't we? I'm not sure how much blame I put on Dyche.

We can try nice football like Lampard, and quite honestly it didn't work.
But that’s what makes me laugh, fans will say lampard the worst manager in our life time and then say, these players can’t play football, Lampard tried that.

I get some fans think he’s done an amazing job, but some our blinded by the previous manager’s, the way the club has been a shambles off the pitch. Fans desperate the last season at goodison is in the prem and the first season at BMD.

But 6 months into BMD and if dyche is still manager, fans paying a lot more money and expecting the club to kick on, will be a lot more vocal about having 30% possession, booting it long, hoping to score off corners.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back