Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Remember Rodrigo as well, bought him couldn't get a work visa, loaned him I think to Málaga for two seasons, had a bad injury, played about twice for us and ended up leaving out of contract.

Nobody does random S. Americans quite like us.
Rodrigo was only on loan to us for the 02/03 season. Played 4 games and got a bad ligament injury in training that kept him out for the rest of the season.

Has there been another Rodrigo??

Samu Chukwueze , AC Milan 's talented Nigerian striker , could be close to a return to the Premier League . Signed by the Rossoneri last summer for €20m, the striker has attracted the attention of several English clubs, with Everton leading the race to sign him. The possibility of the Nigerian leaving Italy in a deal that could be worth between €45m and €50m would make this sale a profitable deal for AC Milan.

Samu Chukwueze could head to England

Since joining AC Milan, Chukwueze has proven to be a crucial player, bringing dynamism and creativity to the team's attack. His speed and ability to disrupt defences have made him a highly valued player both by his team and by Premier League scouts. The Nigerian's performances have been consistent, and his style of play is perfectly suited to the pace and intensity of English football, which explains the interest from several clubs.

Everton, looking to strengthen their squad and improve their Premier League position, see Chukwueze as an ideal addition. His ability to play both out wide and in the centre of attack provides the Toffees with the versatility they need to compete at the highest level. Everton's offer reflects their confidence that Chukwueze can be a key player in their tactical setup.

On the other hand, AC Milan are in a favourable position to negotiate, given the significant increase in Chukwueze's market value since his signing. The possible sale of the Nigerian would not only strengthen the Milanese club's coffers, but would also allow them to explore new options in the transfer market to continue improving their squad.

Biggest pile of utter horse dung ive read in a long time.
Would be a good transfer, and the profile we need, but not for the price. Always liked him in La Liga.

Wouldn't go over 25-30m for him

This is what the Echo quoted;

Asked whether he anticipated anymore players to follow O’Brien, Iliman Ndiaye, Jack Harrison, Tim Iroegbunam and Jesper Lindstrom, he said: “I don’t think so with the finances that we have got, or haven’t, as the case may be. But we will have to wait and see.”
If we dont score against Preston i think there may be a bit of a panic mode set in

Pretty frustrated yet again with our recruitment strategy

How have we still not realised that you can't move up the table until you add more goals to the squad. All these other signings could help but they are not priorities.

Huh? They absolutely were. We have been lacking centrally and out wide and have been crying out for some pace/creativity in the side which Ndiaye and Lindstrom both cover.

Pretty frustrated yet again with our recruitment strategy

How have we still not realised that you can't move up the table until you add more goals to the squad. All these other signings could help but they are not priorities.
We have signed 2 forwards in N'Diaye & Lindstrum

Back on the forum after a couple of years away and I see the bed wetters are still out in force on the transfer threads
Same posters wanting crèche veterans and unknown South American
Lads wanting 20 goals a season strikers and pacy skilful wingers
Lads wanting creative midfielders etc etc
Thilwell and Dyche know a bit about football and how it works
They know we could do with a striker that can score goals
Unfortunately we have 4 strikers and only 1 of these has shown any aptitude whatsoever in the art of scoring goals and he wants more money or he’s going to Jack
So unless we placate Dom or sell 2 of the other 3 I can’t see a striker coming in
We have cover at RB , Patterson ,unfortunately not very good so unless he goes I can’t see another one coming in
We could do with a left full / cover aside from Young hence the interest in the free agent lad
We have signed a few midfielders and have Gana , Doucs and Garner from last year so don’t expect any more midfielders this window
The only way we spend a lot more money is if we have agreed with Branthwaite that he can go for 70 m plus next summer once it’s before July 1st ( as another poster pointed out )
Say Branthwaite get a bad injury in April / May then what
We haven’t got money to spend , are up to our necks in debt , have to finish the stadium off so my advice is
Step away from the computer, open the blinds and go for a nice long walk in the local park
We will get what we get and will just have to suffer as we have done since the mid 80s

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back