Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

No but they were happy to loan us £200m @10% p.a., similar to the way loan sharks operate in areas of poverty, and we are desperate, where do think the money has come from for the recent transfer spending?
Everton are desperate to get through the next 2 years without going bankrupt. There’s a reason Branthwaite hasn’t played a pre season game, EFC cannot afford for him to be injured, he will be sold before Aug 31st, see also Mykolenko
About Branthwaithe and Mykolenko being sold before the end of the month is a personal presumption rather than a definite.
The loan from the Friedkin group is no secret. It is up to the club then to spend the money from that loan as they see fit but what you alluded to regularly during their period of exclusivity was that they should have been directly funding transfers for the club which is totally different to loaning the club money.

We may have a better squad and options from last season, but the first 11 hasn’t improved. Ndaiye and lindstrom coming off the back of poor seasons in weaker leagues. Tim is 20, and O’Brien has come from a weaker league

O’brien replaces Godfrey , who let’s be honest , is a terrible footballer so I’m expecting that he can’t be much worse , so therefore is probably an upgrade .
Ndaiye has more skill and technique in his left finger than Doics as a number 10 so I’m expecting that to be an improvement.
Lindstrom I have never seen play so I have no idea what he will offer but being better than Harrison and McNeil shooodnt be difficult .

Onnana? I don’t think he will be a big miss tbh and never rated him highly . Although he will need someone to replace him in the squad .

The main problem is the same as last season , our fullbacks are old, slow and crap

No but they were happy to loan us £200m @10% p.a., similar to the way loan sharks operate in areas of poverty, and we are desperate, where do think the money has come from for the recent transfer spending?
Everton are desperate to get through the next 2 years without going bankrupt. There’s a reason Branthwaite hasn’t played a pre season game, EFC cannot afford for him to be injured, he will be sold before Aug 31st, see also Mykolenko

What? Mykolenko is being saved from injury because we’re selling him? What an absolute weird melt you are.

Err because it's just a sensible thing to do at his age? Most international players do it unless you have an ego like Ronaldo.

He quite clearly cannot jungle both now.

Most players are dropped. Barely anyone retires. Usually those that retire are doing it out of ego because they are not getting game time.
Up to managers to drop players

O’brien replaces Godfrey , who let’s be honest , is a terrible footballer so I’m expecting that he can’t be much worse , so therefore is probably an upgrade .
Ndaiye has more skill and technique in his left finger than Doics as a number 10 so I’m expecting that to be an improvement.
Lindstrom I have never seen play so I have no idea what he will offer but being better than Harrison and McNeil shooodnt be difficult .

Onnana? I don’t think he will be a big miss tbh and never rated him highly . Although he will need someone to replace him in the squad .

The main problem is the same as last season , our fullbacks are old, slow and crap
And no one can score a goal?

I’m not having that, you would struggle to name 7 games 1/5th of the season were we created loads of chances and deserved to win comfortably.
Then you’ve missed my point. If we don’t create chances, how are you expecting the strikers to score? So because they don’t score, they must be rubbish?

Anyway, I certainly can think of a few games when we had numerous chances and ended up losing, coming away believing that we should have won, had we scored.

I believe there are chances, just our strikers are poor. I just don’t buy the argument that we don’t create chances and our strikers are poor.

Lindstrom needs to be better than Danjuma and Dobbin which won't be hard, that gives us a better option than playing Harrison or McNeil when half fit or out of form.

Onana will be replaced with the domestic loan be it the Chelsea lad or Phillips. Sign a full back and a striker and we are better than last season quality wise.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back