Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

How many players do you want in the squad?

If we move on 15 and bring in 9 that would give us 21 players.

As you said, when you look at:
A: Contracts expiring this + next year
B: That only 4 positions in the 11 are affected

Then its a clear opportunity for changes.

15 out means 4 starting players in & 4 squad players.
21 players is simply not enough for a PL or Championship season

How many players do you want in the squad?

If we move on 15 and bring in 9 that would give us 21 players.

As you said, when you look at:
A: Contracts expiring this + next year
B: That only 4 positions in the 11 are affected

Then its a clear opportunity for changes.

15 out means 4 starting players in & 4 squad players.
We have to field 20 players every week in The Premier League and you think it's a good idea to play a full season with 21 players?

If we moved on 15 players we would need at least 14 players in. That's just logic.

If Dyche is to stay on next season, it may be worth making Eriksen an offer.

I know he wouldn't be a natural fit in open play, but he could be invaluable in a team that relies so much on set pieces.
Would be the creativity profile we need, has good through balls as well. But rather high age and another high 100k+ signing.

We have to field 20 players every week in The Premier League and you think it's a good idea to play a full season with 21 players?

If we moved on 15 players we would need at least 14 players in. That's just logic.
Maybe would fit to get 9-10, if we had 5-6 players out of loan or U21 to fill in, but no chance for that.

Need at least 22 players, means double occupy every position + a few youth etc.

he’s a fruit him
Nar hes got the right ideas I suppose, I mean who doesnt want to get rid of all the players and start again fresh with some new exciting players.

Its just really not feasible im afraid, a lot of the 15 players he wants rid of have been years and we havent been able to shift them.

We have no money and he thinks we can rebuild almost an entire squad by selling Michael Keane and releasing Andre Gomes.

Massively detached from any sense of reality im afraid.

Nar hes got the right ideas I suppose, I mean who doesnt want to get rid of all the players and start again fresh with some new exciting players.

Its just really not feasible im afraid, a lot of the 15 players he wants rid of have been years and we havent been able to shift them.

We have no money and he thinks we can rebuild almost an entire squad by selling Michael Keane and releasing Andre Gomes.

Massively detached from any sense of reality im afraid.
Do you agree that we should keep Coleman and Gueye for one more season as back up, and leadership in the squad to build up next generation.

Let expire the rest incl. loans

Do you agree that we should keep Coleman and Gueye for one more season as back up, and leadership in the squad to build up next generation.
No I do not.

But, broken record, we have 15 or 16 first team players on 1st July, so some decisions will need to be taken that the fanbase really wont be happy about.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back