Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yup, scattergun approach that has achieved nothing including a change of manager. I'm sure if you asked people there, given the money they have spent that they would have hoped to have been much more mid table by now.
It's actually crazy. There are 2 players remaining of the squad that got promoted 2 years ago, Arter (didn't play all season) and Yates, 26 prem games to achieve 2 surviving seasons. 8 highest net spent in the last 2 seasons, higher than Real, City or Liverpool..

Your plan is to sell/release 15 players and buy MINIMUM 9 new ones. That counts as buying a new squad, yes.

If you would advocate for keeping 15 below par footballers on astronomical wages then lol

Ok, you have no interest in talking about this with any sense or reason, I shall bid you a farewell.

Love you too xoxo

Possible in virtual football manager reality, but shouldn't be done in RL. Not really realistic, maybe at most if we play championship next season.

Chelsea and Forest have done this. Also Liverpool have a brand new midfield.

We cant do much worse than the players i listed.

That's basically what Forest did last season.

lol yeah it’s done them the world of good hasn’t it.

Yup, scattergun approach that has achieved nothing including a change of manager. I'm sure if you asked people there, given the money they have spent that they would have hoped to have been much more mid table by now.

Spurs did the same when they sold Bale.

But the examples of Chelsea, Spurs ive given are them moving out better players for poorer ones.

Forest and Liverpool had no choice to sign a new squad and a new midfield.

I think if anything it shows you need to get your recruitment spot on and go for quality over quantity.

On paper it does sound that moving out 15 players is impossible and wrong. But at the same time, why not replace them?

If they arent good enough, why keep them?

If we could move out all 15 and replace with 9...its not as if we have much to lose if our recruitment is good as were screwed by keeping them.

It's actually crazy. There are 2 players remaining of the squad that got promoted 2 years ago, Arter (didn't play all season) and Yates, 26 prem games to achieve 2 surviving seasons. 8 highest net spent in the last 2 seasons, higher than Real, City or Liverpool..

They had:

Alot of players on loan
Others not up to the premier league
Some out of contract

They did need to sign a huge number...but they signed even more than that seemingly at random

If you would advocate for keeping 15 below par footballers on astronomical wages then lol

Love you too xoxo

But the examples of Chelsea, Spurs ive given are them moving out better players for poorer ones.

I think if anything it shows you need to get your recruitment spot on and go for quality over quantity.

On paper it does sound that moving out 15 players is impossible and wrong. But at the same time, why not replace them?

If we could move out all 15 and replace with 9...its not as if we have much to lose if our recruitment is good as were screwed by keeping them.

No I’m just living on planet earth where we can’t sell them all for the absurd price tags you’ve placed on them.

They had:

Alot of players on loan
Others not up to the premier league
Some out of contract

They did need to sign a huge number...but they signed even more than that seemingly at random
1711808402532.png

This is the list with fix transfers, I left out transfers that went on loan or comeback respectively changed within squad, U21-first team or turned around.

No I’m just living on planet earth where we can’t sell them all for the absurd price tags you’ve placed on them.

Well why dont you write them all down so you can show the world what they should be instead of weasling...there has to be a counterpoint.

Well ive just got a bank loan for 5k and purchased 2.5k lottery tickets, it didnt cost me anything cos ive spread the loan over 5 years.

I will invite you to my Island when I get settled.

No risk, no reward.

Im proud of you for taking that risk Goat.

Women love risk takers which must be why your mrs gives you so much action.

Well played.

Well why dont you write them all down so you can show the world what they should be instead of weasling...there has to be a counterpoint.

No risk, no reward.

Im proud of you for taking that risk Goat.

Women love risk takers which must be why your mrs gives you so much action.

Well played.
My Wife is very risk-adverse.

Once she finds out about the loan she will probably leave me, but jokes on her when im sitting on a beach with supermodels.

Love you too xoxo

It's easy to get in 15 players like Chelsea, but not easy to get 15 players to improve the club.

I prefer to go the way of West Ham, buying class instead of mass. Making a few changes, but not a total overhaul at the end of the season and make this yearly.

West Ham lost their best player with Rice, got in Kudus, Mavro, JWP and Alvarez for basically the same price. And that's what we got to do with the remaining money of Onana/Branthwaite, adress our problem positions to fix them steadily.

They got 2 good players in for Rice and more depth with Mavropanos and Kudus and they all play a good season.

Liverpool made an excellent business as well, getting Szobo und MacAllister (some of the best player of 22/23 in prem and Bundesliga), with the bargain Endo. Gravenberch doesn't really work that well. But they had to replace important players of the last few years with Henderson, Milner and Fabinho.

My Wife is very risk-adverse.

Once she finds out about the loan she will probably leave me, but jokes on her when im sitting on a beach with supermodels.

If nothing else, taking risks is how billionaires are made.

By taking risks Arsenal are where they are now.

Im not saying we could be similar...but if we did take risks on spending...

At least thats better than Esks administration view...we should at least roll the dice first if thats on the table.

Go for it. Roll the dice.

Should we stay up and receive yet another huge cheque from Sky, then I see this summer as an opportunity to consolidate and strengthen.

Yes, we will have to sell some of our best players, but the amount that they will bring in, along with some of the savings realised through releasing a whole lot of dross on free transfers, will give us the opportunity to do a lot of business.

It's easy to get in 15 players like Chelsea, but not easy to get 15 players to improve the club.

I prefer to go the way of West Ham, buying class instead of mass. Making a few changes, but not a total overhaul at the end of the season and make this yearly.

West Ham lost their best player with Rice, got in Kudus, Mavro, JWP and Alvarez for basically the same price. And that's what we got to do with the remaining money of Onana/Branthwaite, adress our problem positions to fix them steadily.

They got 2 good players in for Rice and more depth with Mavropanos and Kudus and they all play a good season.

Liverpool made an excellent business as well, getting Szobo und MacAllister (some of the best player of 22/23 in prem and Bundesliga), with the bargain Endo. Gravenberch doesn't really work that well. But they had to replace important players of the last few years with Henderson, Milner and Fabinho.

Yes, this is why i said its about quality over quantity.

West Ham sell a top player and replace with a 4 signings across the team.

RS lose 3 players and replace with 3 players.

All due to good recruitment.

Im even going the other way. Im saying we have 15 players that are not good enough.

Of those, only:

RB
RW
ACM
CF

In the first team would change. Which is exactly the same number West Ham brought in that youre praising.

We move out 15 players, but only 4 first 11 underperforming positions are affected.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back