Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Fully agree there and he should have scored more last season, 100%, even taking my initial points into account.

He missed some chances. But the general point about his all-round play stands. And all it takes is a look at Beto (who I think is a more potent finisher if given the chance) to show that it is quite hard to bring that skillset in.

For example, people seem keen on Adebayo, who did have a good season at Luton. But he played consistently in a two and was often able to drift wide or play off the shoulder while Morris did the leg work. Would he be able to do as well in Dyche's system up on his own?

On the first point, DCL and Beto on analytics should have had 13 and 7 respectively last season, so shows they aren't clinical

We have four strikers on the books (not counting Ndiaye) a total of about 250k a week in wages and 50m sank in transfer fees on these which we are still paying off.

We had e no competent back up CB and have spent zero on that position for the last 4 years.

I'd say CB was a priority over adding a fifth CF.

That's it really. We currently have 4 strikers on the books as well as NDiaye who can play up there. Most would say between 1-4 of them aren't good enough, but we need to move them on before we can really bring another in.

That's it really. We currently have 4 strikers on the books as well as NDiaye who can play up there. Most would say between 1-4 of them aren't good enough, but we need to move them on before we can really bring another in.

It’s the same with the fullbacks. Decisions need to be made on Patterson before we bring another RB in. The gaps in actual bodies in the squad are in CM and wide players. We have McNeil Harrison Lindstrom only for 3 positions until we’re into Ndiaye being played out wide. The links to Gnonto and Phillips make sense even if people don’t like the players.

Yup is it frustrating to watch, ofc it is, and the likelihood is we move on at least two of them before the window shuts, (Maupay and Beto/DCL) but until we do we aren't bringing in another.

Yup is it frustrating to watch, ofc it is, and the likelihood is we move on at least two of them before the window shuts, (Maupay and Beto/DCL) but until we do we aren't bringing in another.

And in the past we have signed people, on the assumption we can sell, and we don't.

If agree with you, I think 2 go and 1 comes in but it's done at the back end of the other.

It's also worth saying, however unpopular, Maupay doing what he did last year for Brentford for us would be useful.

Fully agree there and he should have scored more last season, 100%, even taking my initial points into account.

He missed some chances. But the general point about his all-round play stands. And all it takes is a look at Beto (who I think is a more potent finisher if given the chance) to show that it is quite hard to bring that skillset in.

For example, people seem keen on Adebayo, who did have a good season at Luton. But he played consistently in a two and was often able to drift wide or play off the shoulder while Morris did the leg work. Would he be able to do as well in Dyche's system up on his own?
I'd take both to be fair....

It’s the same with the fullbacks. Decisions need to be made on Patterson before we bring another RB in. The gaps in actual bodies in the squad are in CM and wide players. We have McNeil Harrison Lindstrom only for 3 positions until we’re into Ndiaye being played out wide. The links to Gnonto and Phillips make sense even if people don’t like the players.

Very true.

The secret of Moyes was often he gave people time to improve. There's probably similar sentiment about Mykolenko 12 months ago, and he really improved. 5 years ago he would have been written off.

I think Dyche is similar. I don't think Dyche fancies Patterson, but it may be that he wants more consistency in the team before he introduces him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back