Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Very true.

The secret of Moyes was often he gave people time to improve. There's probably similar sentiment about Mykolenko 12 months ago, and he really improved. 5 years ago he would have been written off.

I think Dyche is similar. I don't think Dyche fancies Patterson, but it may be that he wants more consistency in the team before he introduces him.

Patterson needs to stay fit and needs a run in the team. He played well for us under Lampard at the start of the season when he was fully fit and in the team every week. If we can get him back to that level and he’s not good enough over the long term then fair enough but it’s pointless judging players when they’re in and out the team with injuries. As you said you only have to see how Mykolenko improves with regular game time.

Patterson needs to stay fit and needs a run in the team. He played well for us under Lampard at the start of the season when he was fully fit and in the team every week. If we can get him back to that level and he’s not good enough over the long term then fair enough but it’s pointless judging players when they’re in and out the team with injuries. As you said you only have to see how Mykolenko improves with regular game time.

100% mate to all of that. He looks like a player Dyche would like going forward. He gets forward and has good delivery into the box.

This is completely wrong.

I usually agree with most of what you have to say mate, but Patterson - even during the spell you point to - has been chronic positionally, and his failure to be disciplined and keep shape led to a handful of goals directly down to him.

Unless this lad has added a football brain to his head in the time he's been out we'll get no more from him this season.

If a bid comes in he has to be forced out. Sadly I cant see who'd want him.

I usually agree with most of what you have to say mate, but Patterson - even during the spell you point to - has been chronic positionally, and his failure to be disciplined and keep shape led to a handful of goals directly down to him.

Unless this lad has added a football brain to his head in the time he's been out we'll get no more from him this season.

10B53F7A-17F3-4BFB-A1D5-B0672C5D3A32.webp

I maintain hope there’s a player there. Dyche won’t trust anyone going walk about in that defensive line so once he’s fully fit we’ll know soon enough if he has a future or not here. If not then we should be looking to move him on and get a replacement. It may be that the money doesn’t stretch that far this summer though as we’re leaving it late in the day to bring in a first choice right back.

I doubt we will see Patterson again, when Godfrey and Young get played ahead of you, and both of them are playing out of position, the writings on the wall.

I doubt we will see Patterson again, when Godfrey and Young get played ahead of you, and both of them are playing out of position, the writings on the wall.

Godfrey is out the door.

The fullback group is Coleman Patterson Young Mykolenko. If Patterson is here after the transfer window shuts he’ll play at some point because none of those 4 players are resilient enough to play all the games.

Godfrey is out the door.

The fullback group is Coleman Patterson Young Mykolenko. If Patterson is here after the transfer window shuts he’ll play at some point because none of those 4 players are resilient enough to play all the games.
The big issue (aside from the publication that helps the homeless) is that he’s also not resilient.

That's it really. We currently have 4 strikers on the books as well as NDiaye who can play up there. Most would say between 1-4 of them aren't good enough, but we need to move them on before we can really bring another in.
Goalkeepers - fine… I guess.
CBs - 2 of 5 aren’t good enough
FBs - 2 of 4 are ancient, all 4 are not robust
WM - 1 of 3 prefers AM, other 2 prefer LM
CM - 1 of 4 is ancient, 1 of 4 is junior, 1 of 4 is old and cannot control or pass a ball… and he also was almost only used in AM last season
AM - as I considered Doucoure CM, there is only 1
CF - 1 of 4 is a stale French baguette, 1 of 4 doesn’t want to be here, 1 of 4 is the CF version of our CM that played Am last year, but without the finishing, 1 of 4 is young and raw.

Appreciate football is more fluid and many of these can play multiple positions.

But it’s a bit worrying. We are light on numbers, and half of them are turgid (for EPL quality levels)

Goalkeepers - fine… I guess.
CBs - 2 of 5 aren’t good enough
FBs - 2 of 4 are ancient, all 4 are not robust
WM - 1 of 3 prefers AM, other 2 prefer LM
CM - 1 of 4 is ancient, 1 of 4 is junior, 1 of 4 is old and cannot control or pass a ball… and he also was almost only used in AM last season
AM - as I considered Doucoure CM, there is only 1
CF - 1 of 4 is a stale French baguette, 1 of 4 doesn’t want to be here, 1 of 4 is the CF version of our CM that played Am last year, but without the finishing, 1 of 4 is young and raw.

Appreciate football is more fluid and many of these can play multiple positions.

But it’s a bit worrying. We are light on numbers, and half of them are turgid (for EPL quality levels)
Than goodness for Pickford

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back