Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Seems too good to be true surely?? Atalanta would essentially be downgrading there. Don't trust the source either..
Atalanta were looking at moving on Toure anyway. They also probably want a more proven, experienced striker with the injury to Scamacca. And we have the option to replace a failed signing with last summer’s first choice target. It’s genuinely something that might suit everyone.

Atalanta were looking at moving on Toure anyway. They also probably want a more proven, experienced striker with the injury to Scamacca. And we have the option to replace a failed signing with last summer’s first choice target. It’s genuinely something that might suit everyone.
Well here's hoping, because I rate him myself.

Why are Atalanta wanting rid? they only bought him last year for around £27m and he's still young..

Indeed. I actually think, given the current needs in the squad, that Thelwell has done alright so far. To retain the services of Harrison whilst adding N'diaye & Lindstrom on top of addressing the CB situation with O'Brien is positive. My main concerns are actually in central midfield and at full back - unless he plans on properly integrating Patterson into the side then we really could do with another option.
Main concern is fullback - tactically, personel wise and depth.

We're too defensive, they're (with the exception of coleman 5 years ago but really including him these days) not good enough and there is one left back and only 4 full backs. and next season 2 will likely retire.

They're also all not exactly robust.

at least at CM we have 2 players under 25 out of the 4 if you include Doucs now (which we also need more anyway)

Why are Atalanta wanting rid? they only bought him last year for around £27m and he's still young..
Not sure on that. The injury didn’t help him last season. I read that Gasperini saw him more as a winger in his system than a striker whereas Toure wants to play up front, don’t know how true that is.

But if Beto is seen as a better alternative to Scamacca (which makes sense) it may also be that EBT is a better alternative to Dom and it works both ways, I dunno.

El bilal toure spent as much time injured than playing...he clearly has an issue with repetitive muscular injuries probably due to his game as very explosive player. They can keep him...money is what we need to fill other positions

Main concern is fullback - tactically, personel wise and depth.

We're too defensive, they're (with the exception of coleman 5 years ago but really including him these days) not good enough and there is one left back and only 4 full backs. and next season 2 will likely retire.

They're also all not exactly robust.

at least at CM we have 2 players under 25 out of the 4 if you include Doucs now (which we also need more anyway)
Many of our issues are tactical related imo but whilst Dyche is here that isn't going to change and we need to just accept this.

Indeed. I actually think, given the current needs in the squad, that Thelwell has done alright so far. To retain the services of Harrison whilst adding N'diaye & Lindstrom on top of addressing the CB situation with O'Brien is positive. My main concerns are actually in central midfield and at full back - unless he plans on properly integrating Patterson into the side then we really could do with another option.
I think he has done allright too. We arguably look stronger in the forward line with ndiaye and Lindstrom replacing Danjuma.

Central midfield we have potentially weakened but I don’t know enough about Tim other than what I’ve seen in pre season where he looks handy. I didn’t know anything about Onana prior to him signing so jury is out for me.

Yes we have lost Gomes as well but with a couple more options for the doucoure role, he may be seen as cover for CM as well now.

The right back issue is the big one. I like Patterson but if he isn’t viewed as the answer, he needs sent out on loan as a minimum and a starter brought in.

Not sure on that. The injury didn’t help him last season. I read that Gasperini saw him more as a winger in his system than a striker whereas Toure wants to play up front, don’t know how true that is.

But if Beto is seen as a better alternative to Scamacca (which makes sense) it may also be that EBT is a better alternative to Dom and it works both ways, I dunno.
Yeah just been looking at Transfermarkt - seems his main issue last season was literally his hamstring injury. Only played a full 90 minutes in the league just twice and was an unused sub on a number of occasions.

Simply sounds like his injury sidelined him and he was otherwise kept out of the side after he recovered by others performing well.

Many of our issues are tactical related imo but whilst Dyche is here that isn't going to change and we need to just accept this.
I wonder if we got a proper rolls royce, baines, maldini & roberto carlos' love child...

does dyche mould the tactics to fit the players, or are the players fit into his tactics.

if a tree falls and there's no one around to hear it, could it be confused with flatulent beavers??

He had a serious injury that kept him out for a good while. Maybe Atalanta don’t think he’ll get back to his best and are looking for a gullible premier league team to take him
Hope a deal similar to lindstrom with a loan fee with an option would be best, could give us more room to go out and sepnd then

That Toure has a crap goalscoring record and an even worse injury record. Why.

1722936905578.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back