Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I dont see either Ndiaye or Lindstrom as regular goal scorers in this league. We needed a goal scoring wide forward or striker. Other positions will make very limited difference to the team until we address the lack of quality in front of goal.
'Proven goalscorers' are by far and away the most expensive & difficult to aquire players on the market though. A club like Everton, based on the position that we're in, need to be extremely vigilant on who they identify & spend money on to satisfy that need. It's why you see a lot of clubs outside of the top six acquiring forwards of differing profiles to try and 'spread the goals around' as that is, arguably, the most cost-effective way of trying to achieve it these days.

I do generally agree though that we could do with another attacking player in before the window shuts, but that likely now hinges on one of our existing attackers going out first..

It's a bit miserable but at least we got our business in early. Just wish we could sell some of our crap.

There’s a reason why nobody ever wants to buy our crap. Andre Gomes is still without a club after leaving on a free over a month ago. Keane, Holgate and Maupay are here until their contracts expire, same as countless players before them.

I dont see either Ndiaye or Lindstrom as regular goal scorers in this league. We needed a goal scoring wide forward or striker. Other positions will make very limited difference to the team until we address the lack of quality in front of goal.
We’ve signed 3 strikers in the last 2 years we can’t just keep buying more and more of them until one works if we still need more it just means last years business was bad not this years.

Every years is bad until we sign players that score goals.
In an ideal world yeah but really the club is just trying to stay clear of relegation and if they do that they’ll put that down as good business. I’d love us to sign more attacking players but with 4 senior strikers on the books we were never going to bring another one in without one going out and we’ve added 2 players for the positions behind. It’s not going to get us challenging the top 6 or 7 but that’s not what they’re aiming for so you have to look at it in that context. It’s just a matter of if the players we’ve signed are good or not I think if they are it’s fine if they’re not then that’s the issue not the number of them.

In an ideal world yeah but really the club is just trying to stay clear of relegation and if they do that they’ll put that down as good business. I’d love us to sign more attacking players but with 4 senior strikers on the books we were never going to bring another one in without one going out and we’ve added 2 players for the positions behind. It’s not going to get us challenging the top 6 or 7 but that’s not what they’re aiming for so you have to look at it in that context. It’s just a matter of if the players we’ve signed are good or not I think if they are it’s fine if they’re not then that’s the issue not the number of them.

It’s not a striker I’d be after but we do have a numbers issue. For the 6/8/10 and two wingers we should have ten players (2 per position). We only have 8 - discounting Maupay who will surely be punted.

Hopefully we bring in a wide player that can score goals as that’s something we badly need.

It’s not a striker I’d be after but we do have a numbers issue. For the 6/8/10 and two wingers we should have ten players (2 per position). We only have 8 - discounting Maupay who will surely be punted.

Hopefully we bring in a wide player that can score goals as that’s something we badly need.

Maupay won’t be punted because nobody wants him. If anyone wanted him he’s be gone by now. Someone might try and scab a loan with us paying 80% of his wages on deadline day.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back