Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Ayyyyy love us spending the last of our money on a spare centre half for a team that didn't struggle in defence last season. :pint2:
I get it what you are saying but at the same time, we did need a 3rd choice. Otherwise we may be starting the season with Keane or holgate.

It will also mean a more seamless transition next season when we may have needed 2 CBs as Branthwaite may (most likely will) go, and at some point, Tarks performance levels will drop off.

I get it what you are saying but at the same time, we did need a 3rd choice. Otherwise we may be starting the season with Keane or holgate.

It will also mean a more seamless transition next season when we may have needed 2 CBs as Branthwaite may (most likely will) go, and at some point, Tarks performance levels will drop off.

People never seem to understand what I'm getting at here.

Let's say we're building a house, we need to put up the walls (score goals) and have a roof (keep goals out).

You don't spend the last of your current budget on a roof before walls.

Let's say we're building a house, we need to put up the walls (score goals) and have a roof (keep goals out).

Unless you see the foundations as the GK & defence...

Ayyyyy love us spending the last of our money on a spare centre half for a team that didn't struggle in defence last season. :pint2:
I know it's boring and I keep saying it, but it was completely the wrong position to spend money.

I feel like I've been frustrated for about 4 years at the reluctance to prioritise attackers.

We are never going to progress above lower mid table and probable relegation battles, until we prioritise goal scorers.

I guess a valid point to make would be we would only need a 3rd choice if Holgate and Keane had been binned off prior.

Fact of the matter is we currently now have 5 centre halves which makes us top heavy in that department.

I think O'brien will be an excellent addition but I can certainly see @Nymzee point of view.

I know it's boring and I keep saying it, but it was completely the wrong position to spend money.

I feel like I've been frustrated for about 4 years at the reluctance to prioritise attackers.

We are never going to progress above lower mid table and probable relegation battles, until we prioritise goal scorers.

Yup. We have the same defence and starting midfield as last season when we didn't struggle defensively.

No idea why we'd only have like £15m left and think "yup, centre half".

Not even arsed if Tarks and Branthwaite were a bit injured at the time it just blows my mind.

All I can think is they're stupid and thought they had more money leftover.

I guess a valid point to make would be we would only need a 3rd choice if Holgate and Keane had been binned off prior.

Fact of the matter is we currently now have 5 centre halves which makes us top heavy in that department.

I think O'brien will be an excellent addition but I can certainly see @Nymzee point of view.

Yeh I'm not against the player, I'm excited by him, but when everyone is fully fit he's on the bench and we're still stuck with the crap strikers we had last year.

Two ought to be in a retirement home playing bridge and the other one our manager slapped at dinner last season and will probably end up back in Scotland after this year. We have numbers but no good options.
We probably have around 185k a week in outgoings on wages for right backs. You really think that any sane Director of Football on a limited budget will bring in a 4th right back?

Dodgy site quoting the athletic.

Rules :eek:

Anonymous Sourcing
If you're posting an article or image from another website, please include a link to the source. If you copy and paste from a source, please provide a link.

News Articles
When posting a link to an online news story, please post suitable accompanying text as well. This is convenient for everyone and those that do not, will be accused of advertising;

Depends on your footballing philosophy really. Dyche would likely say the foundations would be the defence. So that comes first.

As we saw with Martinez, scoring lots of goals doesn’t get you far if you concede a bucket load too.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back