Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I guess a valid point to make would be we would only need a 3rd choice if Holgate and Keane had been binned off prior.

Fact of the matter is we currently now have 5 centre halves which makes us top heavy in that department.

I think O'brien will be an excellent addition but I can certainly see @Nymzee point of view.
I can see it too, but I imagine they are doing whatever they can to get rid of holgate.

He has basically replaced Godfrey as I imagine they are counting on Holgate not being here.

But, we also need to think ahead. As if branthwaite does get a move through next summer, Keane and holgates contracts are also up. And we would need to buy 3 CBs

Anonymous Sourcing
If you're posting an article or image from another website, please include a link to the source. If you copy and paste from a source, please provide a link.

News Articles
When posting a link to an online news story, please post suitable accompanying text as well. This is convenient for everyone and those that do not, will be accused of advertising;

Everton were the Italian’s biggest suitors but a deal is not close. Their recent addition of Jesper Lindstrom on loan from Napoli satisfies their need for a winger. Even so, Leeds say they have rejected a £23million offer for Gnonto from Everton, although the Premier League club’s position differs.

Ah nothing new then. Just the bid we made ages ago before we spent the money on O'Brien.

Full quote:

Another player tipped with a move away from Elland Road this summer when Leeds failed to win promotion was Wilfried Gnonto, whose contract does not have a release clause. Despite pushing for a move last summer and the sale of close friend Summerville, the 20-year-old has been more settled.

Everton were the Italian’s biggest suitors but a deal is not close. Their recent addition of Jesper Lindstrom on loan from Napoli satisfies their need for a winger. Even so, Leeds say they have rejected a £23million offer for Gnonto from Everton, although the Premier League club’s position differs.

At one stage, Everton felt they had made positive steps to sign Gnonto for a lower fee but as it became clear Summerville was going to West Ham, negotiations grew difficult, so they withdrew to focus their efforts elsewhere.

I know, that’s what I’ve been saying. Nymzee said the defence hasn’t changed. But it has. Godfrey has gone so needed replaced (as he played a decent amount last season).
We've spent money to upgrade our back up defensive options when our starting attackers are not good enough.

It's just totally the wrong strategy for me. I really dont like our recruitment again this season.

We've spent money to upgrade our back up defensive options when our starting attackers are not good enough.

It's just totally the wrong strategy for me. I really dont like our recruitment again this season.

We have signed two starting attackers as well. Branthwaite has had surgery and nobody knows when he’ll be back. We needed a centre back.

We have signed attackers aswell though haven’t we it’s not like we’ve just brought in a centre half and nothing else we’d all like more but they’ve tried to make the budget stretch to do the things they want to do I can totally see why they’ve done it but we’ll only know of it was the right choice in about 9 months.

We've bought two attackers and one defender? plus Iroegbunam looks like a ball-playing midfielder to me..

We've bought two attackers and one defender? plus Iroegbunam looks like a ball-playing midfielder to me..
I dont see either Ndiaye or Lindstrom as regular goal scorers in this league. We needed a goal scoring wide forward or striker. Other positions will make very limited difference to the team until we address the lack of quality in front of goal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back