Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

So you don't know where you get your numbers from? I get it from transfer sites and salary sites, cross checked by the Everton accounts. Transfermarkt tends to be almost exactly accurate with Everyone accounts.

For example, Richarlisons sale to Spurs. How much do you think he sold for?
This bit isnt true is it?

Come on now, lets not be silly.

Richarlison was 60m, 50m base fee and 10m add-ons, that we can assume he hasnt yet reached.

So you don't know where you get your numbers from? I get it from transfer sites and salary sites, cross checked by the Everton accounts. Transfermarkt tends to be almost exactly accurate with Everyone accounts.

For example, Richarlisons sale to Spurs. How much do you think he sold for?
Hello Everton football club, how can I help today?
Oh, hr department please.
Can I ask who is calling?
Yeah, I’m just some guy on the internet really, let’s go with Peter
Okay…. Peter, ermmm once second.
….
….
…. Hello HR
Hello, my name is Peter, I was just wondering can you please tell me what weekly wage Richarlison was earning? Oh and then also what the exact terms of him moving to Spurs was, thanks.
…. One second please.
** plays Spirit of the blues hold music **
…. Everttttttonn
.… you never shon ….
…. Hello Peter?
Hello!
Okay we have looked into this and our happy to give you the required information.
…. Ok, ermmm, great
Richarlison earned 75k per week at Everton and the terms of his move to Spurs was 10m up front, the rest to be paid via direct debit into Bill Kenwright’s personal Virgin Money account. That amount was another 40m over the next five years.
Oh …. Where the no extras like say another ten million is Spurs won the league?
…. Peter?
Yeah?
Spurs won’t win the league, is this a crank call?
No no no I just plucked this out of the sky.
Oh, okay….
….
And one other thing was when Bill Kenwright passed away all the money owed was considered paid so now all Spurs actually owe according to this contract is a bag of Quavers and three bags of Harribo Starmix
….
Okay, well thanks for your time, what was your name?
…. Mine? Oh ermm Denice
…. Not Baxendale Barrett I hope!
….
….
Phone call ends.

Hello Everton football club, how can I help today?
Oh, hr department please.
Can I ask who is calling?
Yeah, I’m just some guy on the internet really, let’s go with Peter
Okay…. Peter, ermmm once second.
….
….
…. Hello HR
Hello, my name is Peter, I was just wondering can you please tell me what weekly wage Richarlison was earning? Oh and then also what the exact terms of him moving to Spurs was, thanks.
…. One second please.
** plays Spirit of the blues hold music **
…. Everttttttonn
.… you never shon ….
…. Hello Peter?
Hello!
Okay we have looked into this and our happy to give you the required information.
…. Ok, ermmm, great
Richarlison earned 75k per week at Everton and the terms of his move to Spurs was 10m up front, the rest to be paid via direct debit into Bill Kenwright’s personal Virgin Money account. That amount was another 40m over the next five years.
Oh …. Where the no extras like say another ten million is Spurs won the league?
…. Peter?
Yeah?
Spurs won’t win the league, is this a crank call?
No no no I just plucked this out of the sky.
Oh, okay….
….
And one other thing was when Bill Kenwright passed away all the money owed was considered paid so now all Spurs actually owe according to this contract is a bag of Quavers and three bags of Harribo Starmix
….
Okay, well thanks for your time, what was your name?
…. Mine? Oh ermm Denice
…. Not Baxendale Barrett I hope!
….
….
Phone call ends.

Okay…. Peter, ermmm once* second
= one second

moving to Spurs was*, thanks.
=were

Okay we have looked into this and our*
=are

Where the no extras like say another
=Were there

Oh yeah can't imagine how it'd been doable financially, basically as you point out the costs are way too high especially given his next move will likely be the last one he commands a premium at, late in the window if spurs really wanted to shut though could see him moving on loan (sadly not to us)

And yet we are "looking" to bring in Kalvin Philips who will be around the same cost as Richarlison? possibly?

We all assume that Levy will be asking top dollar on someone Ang the Australian doesn't fancy, it's how badly do we want a left sided forward or someone better than DOM/KFC/Morepies/Chermiti to play in the middle, and how badly does Spurs want rid, and then the player, where would he fancy going?

Let's wait and see what the window brings as let's face it the IDK's in this world don't exist anymore

People who correct grammar online are the lowest form.

It's a learning experience for you. You should be flattered that I have taken the time to educate you.

I can see now that my actions were misguided and that you will continue with these illiterate posts despite my guidance.

….that is not being clever, that is being ignorant.

Ignorant;
Lacking knowledge, uneducated.

I'd say the reverse would be true in this case.

I've never claimed to be "clever".

Reading a post and having to stop/start multiple times is easily fixed.

It's a learning experience for you. You should be flattered that I have taken the time to educate you.

I can see now that my actions were misguided and that you will continue with these illiterate posts despite my guidance.

Ignorant;
Lacking knowledge, uneducated.

I'd say the reverse would be true in this case.

I've never claimed to be "clever".

Reading a post and having to stop/start multiple times is easily fixed.

….it’s ignorant because you don’t know what issues posters have in life. I have had real problems with my vision the last 3 years, I read some of my own posts back and laugh to myself at the mistakes. People have dislexia, others struggled attending school or have learning difficulties.

Bez’s post was fine. This is a football forum and all that matters is that people make themselves understood. An apology would’ve been more appropriate than the shocking arrogance of your response above, much more a reflection of who you are than he is.

….it’s ignorant because you don’t know what issues posters have in life. I have had real problems with my vision the last 3 years, I read some of my own posts back and laugh to myself at the mistakes. People have dislexia, others struggled attending school or have learning difficulties.

Bez’s post was fine. This is a football forum and all that matters is that people make themselves understood. An apology would’ve been more appropriate than the shocking arrogance of your response above, much more a reflection of who you are than he is.

Why would someone who posted with good intentions apologise upon receiving this message?

People who correct grammar online are the lowest form.

Yeah, thats not nice. No apology here.

Where, pray tell, are you getting those figures from? Is it the BBC?
Sky sports and the guardian both said £25.75/26m for Beto. BBC said up to £30m. Telegraph and mirror also reported £26m.

Chermiti - daily mail £15m, guardian £12.5 with £2.5m add ons, bbc £15m

Maupay - bbc and daily mail both say £15m. Can’t see any other figures as others are all undisclosed.

Pop him on "ignore" Eggs.

Zats posts are , somewhat worringly , becoming increasingly bizarre and bellicose .

Perhaps in a previous life he was an Ofsted inspector and his middle name is Pedant.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back