Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Does not mean the lad does not have the ability to step up because he plays in scotland look at others robertson when he went from scotland to hull then the rs. Then look at coleman and ferguson who came from irish clubs to the prem in brighton and us. Is more players who can be added to the list the league can not be at a great level but does not mean you cant get talent is a risk but could get a deal at a low fee. With us maybe getting high profit in future

I definitely understand your point about the likes of Coleman, but there are other players, like Patterson, who benefited massively from a ridiculous amount of hype that was unwarranted, and part of that hype was the possibility of him supposedly being ‘the next Robinson’.

Gerrard and Rangers really saw us coming and totally had us off with Patterson! They turned down our first bid because they knew that we would be stupid enough to come back with an even bigger bid for a player that couldn’t even get into Rangers first team.

I definitely understand your point about the likes of Coleman, but there are other players, like Patterson, who benefited massively from a ridiculous amount of hype that was unwarranted, and part of that hype was the possibility of him supposedly being ‘the next Robinson’.

Gerrard and Rangers really saw us coming and totally had us off with Patterson! They turned down our first bid because they knew that we would be stupid enough to come back with an even bigger bid for a player that couldn’t even get into Rangers first team.
Really wish people would drop this narrative.

He was a 19/20 year old kid being kept out of the side by club legend James Tavernier... hardly a slight on the lad is it?

Maupay isnt even that. Season before last Dyche was playing Gray up front to avoid playing Maupay. My guess is he’d probably likewise play Ndiaye up front before Maupay. Maupay has no place here at all.

But he’s no use as back up, is he? Even Brentford didn’t want to keep him.

Keane would be more effective up front and he’s like a massive garden gnome.

8 goals and 4 assists last season is decent to be fair. If you have Lindstrom and Ndiaye behind him like Brentford do with Wissa and Mbuemo then as a third choice backup he'd probably be fine. That's the thing - Beto or Maupay should be a third choice if either need to be kept, not a starter or second choice. They're a last resort type striker. Beto is only over Maupay for me because Maupay is a massive whopper and I don't like his off or on field personality.

Gerrard and Rangers really saw us coming and totally had us off with Patterson! They turned down our first bid because they knew that we would be stupid enough to back with an even bigger bid for a player that couldn’t even get into Rangers first team.
100 agree is we did go in for this lad i would still want another cm, then build him up for the first team. Patterson was the wrong player as we needed a rb to come in and be first team ready. Do think he has been unlucky with injuries when it did look at one point he was ready and was getting starts in the team. Also is down to the lad himself i look at myko with the extra training last season and look at patterson and think he should be doing the same.

Really wish people would drop this narrative.

He was a 19/20 year old kid being kept out of the side by club legend James Tavernier... hardly a slight on the lad is it?

It’s a big hint that the undue hype was not warranted, and it’s reason enough to not drop 16 million pound on a reserve from the Scottish league.

There’s a reason why nobody ever wants to buy our crap. Andre Gomes is still without a club after leaving on a free over a month ago. Keane, Holgate and Maupay are here until their contracts expire, same as countless players before them.
because we pay bog standard players to much for them to want to leave i doubt any of them will get better offers money wise elsewhere even on free transfers unfortunately

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back