Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Ayyyyy love us spending the last of our money on a spare centre half for a team that didn't struggle in defence last season. :pint2:

While I agree we need to address our forward line . With Godfrey gone ( who I thought was cack anyway) if Jarrod or tarks don’t play every minute of the season …… Keane or holgate would have been getting played … that is unacceptable in my book so I can kind of understand why they spent it on another cb

He was literally Scotland's starting RB before he got injured the first time..

And?

I dread to think who Patterson had replaced as Scottish RB, and who ended up replacing Patterson as Scottish RB? I won’t be surprised to learn that they are both crap.

Tavernier had to move to Scotland before anyone started calling him a legend, and he was keeping Patterson out of the side. Honestly, it’s risky enough signing tried and tested players from the Scottish league, and it’s just plain stupidity to sign players that can’t even get a game in Scotland.

Ayyyyy love us spending the last of our money on a spare centre half for a team that didn't struggle in defence last season. :pint2:
The fact that we even had money to spend in the first place is a minor miracle and our first three signings were a midfielder and two forwards 🤷‍♂️

I really don't think you're looking at the bigger picture with the CB situation...

And?

I dread to think who Patterson had replaced as Scottish RB, and who ended up replacing Patterson as Scottish RB? I won’t be surprised to learn that they are both crap.

Tavernier had to move to Scotland before anyone started calling him a legend, and he was keeping Patterson out of the side. Honestly, it’s risky enough signing tried and tested players from the Scottish league, and it’s just plain stupidity to sign players that can’t even get a game in Scotland.

Patterson might not be great by any means, but our other options are Coleman and Young so he should be playing because he’s not worse than them.

Patterson might not be great by any means, but our other options are Coleman and Young so he should be playing because he’s not worse than them.

We are effectively agreeing that they are all crap, and then the discussion turns to who is the least crap out of the three, the answer to which is not abundantly clear.

But the fact that Coleman and Young are still in contention to start ahead of Patterson tells its own story. It’s a similar story to when he was being kept out of Rangers by the ‘legend’ Tavernier.

And?

Hickey, who was starting right back at Bologna at the time.

and to answer part 2 of that

HIckey, who plays for Brentford.

I really don’t see why we are bidding that much for a player that they signed for 3m two years ago, showed a couple of glimpses of potential and then sulked and didn’t really do much in the league below for a year.

They’re crazy to turn that down and I hope we move on
Or you can flip it and say an Italian International, that out performed Eze and Olise in the Championship.

Hickey, who was starting right back at Bologna at the time.

and to answer part 2 of that

HIckey, who plays for Brentford.

Hickey, who plays for Brentford, not exactly overwhelming quality is it?

People can’t seriously be supporting our purchase of Patterson at this point. He wasn’t the next Robertson, he was massively overhyped, and Rangers absolutely had our pants down.

He’s someone that can’t hold down a first team place, as there is always someone crap that is considered to be better than him, wherever he goes.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back