Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Hickey, who plays for Brentford, not exactly overwhelming quality is it?

People can’t seriously be supporting our purchase of Patterson at this point. He wasn’t the next Robertson, he was massively overhyped, and Rangers absolutely had our pants down.

He’s someone that can’t hold down a first team place, as there is always someone crap that is considered to be better than him, wherever he goes.
For Scotland, any EPL starting player is quality.

And hickey is a very good fullback, who had a bad season for injuries.

We are effectively agreeing that they are all crap, and then the discussion turns to who is the least crap out of the three, the answer to which is not abundantly clear.

But the fact that Coleman and Young are still in contention to start ahead of Patterson tells its own story. It’s a similar story to when he was being kept out of Rangers by the ‘legend’ Tavernier.

If all your options are crap but one is slightly less crap and can actually run around without his legs turning into sawdust, then you play that one.

8 goals and 4 assists last season is decent to be fair. If you have Lindstrom and Ndiaye behind him like Brentford do with Wissa and Mbuemo then as a third choice backup he'd probably be fine. That's the thing - Beto or Maupay should be a third choice if either need to be kept, not a starter or second choice. They're a last resort type striker. Beto is only over Maupay for me because Maupay is a massive whopper and I don't like his off or on field personality.
Yes, but not with our squad. I agree he’s bottom of the pile, but if we sell Beto I’d still want us to bin off Maupay and get a different third choice striker in.

It's a couple of has beens and a never will be. Pick you poison. Or better, find a RB.

I’d like the never will be to have the opportunity to show whether he will be or not, so we’re not all just guessing that he never will be.

I know for a cast iron fact that Ashley Young and Coleman aren’t getting any better. Both of them cost us more points than Patterson possibly could as well.

I’d like the never will be to have the opportunity to show whether he will be or not, so we’re not all just guessing that he never will be.

I know for a cast iron fact that Ashley Young and Coleman aren’t getting any better. Both of them cost us more points than Patterson possibly could as well.
A large issue with him thus far is that any run he's had has been short and ended with relatively lengthy injury.

he either gets more robust so we can decide if he's jarg or not, then work it out from there, or he's made3 of plasticine and we ship him off to the Dutch league or something, where he can handle the strains of footy there.

We’ll only ever be guessing though won’t we we’re not the people he has to prove it to.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back