Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

You just kind of feel like our important positions will only be filled or attempted to be filled during the last few days of the transfer window and we will try to manage the first few games.

We play Brighton and Spurs before it shuts.

I’d like the never will be to have the opportunity to show whether he will be or not, so we’re not all just guessing that he never will be.

I know for a cast iron fact that Ashley Young and Coleman aren’t getting any better. Both of them cost us more points than Patterson possibly could as well.

He's still young, but running out of time. That he hasn't supplanted those two is worrisome.

I must see about 50 names on here each window that people urge the club to sign, and within a year that have never been heard of again. It’s almost as if our scouts are paid for a reason.
People name 100 players every window and then one of them does well somewhere they come back on saying I always said we should sign him and just pretend they never mentioned the other 99!

The defence was also very lucky last season that Branthwaite and Tarkowski were injury free.

For me the signing of O’Brien plugs one of the biggest weaknesses we have and that’s the drop off from those two to the backups. There’s no bigger drop off between any other starter and backup than those two to Keane or god forbid Holgate.

A serious injury to either of them could genuinely risk relegation and O’Brien takes away that massive luck factor and I think a massive part of squad building is that you don’t go into the season praying for luck.

Signing o’Brien doesn’t feel necessary until it is but I also know the sick feeling I had in my stomach last season any time JT or JB even required treatment. I’d love more attackers in addition but after Ndiaye and Lindstrom arrived I think it was 100% the correct position to strengthen.

Completely agree, and the exact same people moaning that we needed an attacker not a centre back, would be the exact same ones blaming recruitment for not prioritising a CB should Brantwaith or Tarkowski go down with a long-term injury.

You just kind of feel like our important positions will only be filled or attempted to be filled during the last few days of the transfer window and we will try to manage the first few games.

There`ll be plenty of other clubs doing the same, get a few players in early in the window to strengthen and add a bit of depth to their squad, and if they have a few key areas to fill, play a waiting game till the final days of the window. Not guaranteed that you`ll get the player your looking for, but it puts the pressure on the selling club if they feel the player won`t be happy about denying them a move and leaves them trying to find a replacement late on.

Yes, but not with our squad. I agree he’s bottom of the pile, but if we sell Beto I’d still want us to bin off Maupay and get a different third choice striker in.

I agree that best scenario is get rid of both but it's unlikely we do. If we get rid of both we need two because that leaves us with a striker out of contract and another with a long term injury.

Important positions have already been addressed early in the summer though, unlike recent summers. There’s more we can and should do but the team we put out against Brighton will be miles, miles better than the one that started against Fulham first up last season.

I agree that best scenario is get rid of both but it's unlikely we do. If we get rid of both we need two because that leaves us with a striker out of contract and another with a long term injury.
Is why if beto is off we can get toure part of the deal on a loan to buy then atleast 1-1 then and we get some cash

Completely agree, and the exact same people moaning that we needed an attacker not a centre back, would be the exact same ones blaming recruitment for not prioritising a CB should Brantwaith or Tarkowski go down with a long-term injury.
Yeah there’s only so much a club in our position can do in one summer and no matter what you do do people will always complain about the things you don’t.

For me the order we’ve tackled things positionally- a true number 10, a winger, a third usable centre back, is the correct order. Subject to further outgoings it should be one more CM next hopefully then return for another winger and then maybe a full back if something becomes available. With loans available should be feasible.

Some dope who wants act like he is the ffp fuy to go to, info has come out like people have said by the bobble money is tight now because of the rights media money loan. But he just wants to be the guy who has all the info.
We're being too 'aggressive' in the market whatever that means.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back