Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I don't think we're getting anyone in until some of the lads get shifted, think Dyche is backing Beto by the looks of things
Indeed it looks unlikely apart from a midfielder. We have 23 players right now so we need to shift a few. With Maupay, Keane, DCL, Holgate and maybe others on that list it seems a lot of work with 3 weeks to go

Yeah, 6 goals as per usual.

Great.

The relegation battle starts next week.

….i think i was the first who suggested selling him when the thigh muscles problems started but if he chooses to stay, he’s perfectly within his right. He’ll be selected if the manager thinks he’s the best option, all pretty obvious really.

You say he’s running down his contract, I presume you know this so we still need to utilise him.

….i think i was the first who suggested selling him when the thigh muscles problems started but if he chooses to stay, he’s perfectly within his right. He’ll be selected if the manager thinks he’s the best option, all pretty obvious really.
It's his right. It does us no favours at all.

Stop titting about and just go and sign that Adebayo from Luton

He's absolutely gash mate, the fact Baz from toffee TV won't drop going on about him cos he's big and strong doesn't change the fact.

26, has never had a season that stands out, 10 last season in a very stacking Luton sounds decent, season before 7 in 42 in the championship, 21 in 58 the two seasons before that, so 28 goals in the championship in 100 games, 25 goals in 89 games in league 2.

So yeah his history shows he's a pretty average championship level striker who had one decent season at the age of 26.

No improvement over Maupay or Beto.

You say he’s running down his contract, I presume you know this so we still need to utilise him.

Was either me or you remember we both had the same view about it early on though.

Could end worse than Largie but he's more of a winger than a actual striker. He played striker some games, scored against Girona, Real and Sevilla last season.

Fast, agile and dribbling, so the profil we should look for. He had a red for insulting the ref and got a 5 games ban.

Former academy player of Man United, similar type of Elanga, also is highly rated in Belgium, was linked to Feyernoord this season, price tag should be under 10m. But he won't be a gamechanger I think.

Bring me the one they call Gorka Guruzeta instead.

Think he did ok on loan at Southampton for a few months ages ago.
He scored 6 premier league goals in 32 at Southampton. That was the season with no crowds at games also. Since then he's had a loan at Fulham where he couldn't get in the side, played 8 times and didn't score, and his grand total of Chelsea goals is 3 in 38 appearances. We definitely don't need another striker who dosent score goals.

It's his right. It does us no favours at all.
I don’t understand why you think a player would do the club any favours? They’re not fans.

I do agree that if he’s not signing a new contract, we need to sell him for the money, but it’s madness to think any player would have loyalty to anything other than their bank balance these days.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back