Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Who would you suggest we sign ?

Erm well I'll have to put my Dyche hat on first which narrows me down to target man. I think Chermiti has a bright future so I'm not against signing an older striker either for a year or two. Someone like the below would suit our system:

Bruno Petkovic (12 months)
Adebayo
Nelson Weiper (12 months)
Igor Matanovic (maybe too pricey)
Fofana loan from Chelsea?
Akor Adams
Kevin Denkey
Miles Leaburn
Kieron Bowie

Indeed.

A striker failing at Chelsea is nothing to be so conclusive about.

But he's had injuries and a few iffy loan spells but at 22, I personally wouldn't be so conclusive/write him off.

It's where pragmatism has to come in - factoring in what we're able to spend. As I say, I think we only look at Broja if it suits us with Calvert-Lewin. I dont think the club will let him go on a free.

I don't disagree but I think it's a huge risk to splurge the type of fee that Chelsea are supposedly proposing. If it was a loan with buy option I wouldn't be against it but to drop 30ish million on him I would have serious concerns.

Erm well I'll have to put my Dyche hat on first which narrows me down to target man. I think Chermiti has a bright future so I'm not against signing an older striker either for a year or two. Someone like the below would suit our system:

Bruno Petkovic (12 months)
Adebayo
Nelson Weiper (12 months)
Igor Matanovic (maybe too pricey)
Fofana loan from Chelsea?
Akor Adams
Kevin Denkey
Miles Leaburn
Kieron Bowie

I do like the look of Leaburn.
would be a decent project if we didn't also have Chermiti filling that role.

I don't disagree but I think it's a huge risk to splurge the type of fee that Chelsea are supposedly proposing. If it was a loan with buy option I wouldn't be against it but to drop 30ish million on him I would have serious concerns.

Their fee has to come down, I don't see how anyone is paying that given his goal scoring record both for club(s) and country. Put sell on fees on there etc perhaps that works...

No two players are the same, but age 19 Lukaku starting scoring boatloads of goals with West Brom then us in the PL.

Broja guy will be 23 soon. Adjusted for inflation, Lukaku's fee was higher than what is reported for Broja, but it's an interesting comparison.

You can line up the reasons it hasn't worked for Broja yet, but the fact is it hasn't worked yet...He's closer to a 10 million player than a 30 million player.

Folks on here saying we are £90m up?!
Over the last 3 years, our Net transfer spend is plus 90million.

That doesnt mean we have 90m, in that time we have built a stadium and the business has made massive loses.

sww.webp

Over the last 3 years, our Net transfer spend is plus 90million.

That doesnt mean we have 90m, in that time we have built a stadium and the business has made massive loses.

View attachment 268116

Exactly it's not only the stadium. A new one was necessary spending almost 1b is another thing, but we lived beyond our means from 2015 to 20/21. Spending more than Liverpool in this time in total and reaching -300.

Not only spending wise, but also paying astronomical wages.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back